Glass Hammer -Perilous

The Owl

This came out late last year, and I missed it then, but finally got around to listening to it yesterday, and it's pretty damn good...probably their best since "Culture of Ascent"

I've been a fan of this band for a while, I really recommend them to anyone who enjoys old-school prog. I hope that since now Jon Davidson (frontman for Glass Hammer) is in Yes that GH can get a bit more exposure that they deserve..

If you've never heard of them I would reccomend this latest album, or perhaps the "Culture if Ascent" record, or my personal favorite if theirs "Chronomotree"

I got this album last year and gave it a few listens. The musicianship is excellent (especially the keys and bass) and Davison is great singer but I just couldn't get into it. I may try to give it another chance as I really wanted to like it after reading so many great reviews.

I also listened to Cor Cordium a year or so ago, and I couldn't get into it either.I don't mind prog bands that borrow heavily from the 70s giants, but GH doesn't really do it for me. Maybe I should check out their older albums as they are, from what I hear, less Yes-influenced.