Please Give Me New Music

geddyforlife

Riverside (there's currently a thread here on them, check out the new album Shrine of New Generation Slaves)

Anathema (Weather Systems and We're Here Because We're Here are my favorites)

The Gathering (originally a doom metal band in the early 90s (like Anathema), but they shifted towards a more atmospheric sound w/ female vocals. My favorite album of theirs is If_then_else)

Big Big Train (Genesis-esque prog - latest album English Electric, Part One is excellent)

Thank You Scientist (insane jazzy/funky prog band with a horn section)

dredg (not too familiar with them, but I really like the 2 albums that I have - El Cielo & The Pariah, The Parrot, The Delusion)

The Fierce and the Dead (great instrumental band, their albums are available on Bandcamp - they're name your own price so you can pay nothing if want. http://thefierceandt...om/album/on-vhs)

Gazpacho (not too instrumentally complex or anything but they're a good band, great music for Winter)

Guthrie Govan (He played on the new Steven Wilson album, so you're probably familiar with him. If you haven't already, listen to his solo album Erotic Cakes and The Aristocrats' debut)

Airbag (I really like their last album All Rights Removed, reminds me of Pink Floyd & Porcupine Tree)

• Like 1

Man, I must be falling way behind the prog rock times... I haven't even heard of most of these bands.

I remember the days when there were about 5 or 6 prog bands... Genesis, Yes, Floyd, ELP, King Crimson... and Rush, if you wish to include them. I must getting old and weird.