Live Rush Albums - Official released live albums

WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER

I was checking out all the officially released live Rush albums and thought it was interesting to realize what were the most represented songs.

Well, interesting enough to a Rush nerd with a little extra time on his hands.

The official live releases are:

All the World's a Stage - Exit...Stage Left - Grace Under Pressure 1984 Tour ( Replay X 3 Bonus Disc and limited edition Replay x 3 disc **** )

A Show of Hands - Different Stages - Rush in Rio - R-30 - Snakes & Arrows Live

Time Machine Live

I didn't count Moving Pictures Live because it is the same recording as Time Machine Live ( at Quicken Loans Arena, April 15, 2011 in Cleveland, OH )

I didn't count The Fifth Order of Angels ( Agora Theater and Ballroom, Aug. 26 1974 Cleveland, OH) as it was not an official Rush release.

I didn't count any live bootlegs for the same reason (official Rush live album releases only)

Here are the numbers for some of the most represent songs on official Rush live albums............

**** The green numbers are: limited edition version of the Rush Replay X 3 set which contains four bonus audio tracks on the Grace Under Pressure Live 1984 Tour CD. Those are "Limelight" from the Exit...Stage Left video, "Closer to the Heart" recorded during the Moving Pictures tour, from the same video release, which is a different version than the live album release track, which was recorded during the Permanent Waves tour, and "The Spirit of Radio" and "Tom Sawyer" from the A Show of Hands video soundtrack.

The numbers in parenthesis are the assumed count for the upcoming Clockwork Angels Live album.

The Spirit of Radio. 7 - (8) - 9

Tom Sawyer............ 7 - (8) - 9

Limelight................. 6 - (7) - 8

YYZ........................ 6 - (7)

2112....................... 6 - (7)

Closer to the Heart. 5 - - 6

Freewill.................. 5

Working Man......... 5

Dreamline............. 4 - (5)

Red Sector A........ 4 - (5)

Subdivisions......... 4 - (5)

Force Ten............. 3 - (4)

Natural Science.... 3

Xanadu................ 3

La Villa Strangiato 3

Red Barchetta..... 3

The Trees........... 3

By-Tor.... 3

Bravado.............. 2 - (3)

Far Cry............... 2 - (3)

There are many other songs which have appeared on 2 different live albums.

In closing.....If Rush were fully aware of this Live Album song representation....Maybe it would influence them on selecting songs for their next tour and their next opportunity to record a new Live Album.