I don't know if anyone out there got this game. But, so far this is basically my short review...

PROS

• Graphics are possibly one of the best on consoles.
  • Bringing more life/dialogue to the Master Chief adds human elements to him.
  • Story was pretty entertaining, not top notch, but kept me guessing.
  • 4 play co-op for campaign and Spartan-Ops is very fun.
  • Multiplayer still has the Halo feel to it.
  • Customization is fun to tweak around with + a very nice and easy party system.
  • VERY fun forge mode (with nice additions to help fine tweak items together, a la: magnets)
  • Flood mode is interesting with infected players playing as the Flood.
  • Pretty balanced maps make big team/objective games fun!
  • Sounds are incredible.
  • Conan O' Brien was a guest actor.
  • Cutscenes are incredible.
  • Earn much XP for Forge and Spartan-Ops now.

CONS

• VERY short campaign, super disappointing with that.
  • Spartan-Ops replacing Firefight was a bad idea.
  • Game has many Call of Duty elements.
  • Hard to make "call outs" in these batch of maps.
  • Lack of an X on top of a dead teammate.
  • AI in campaign is kind of stupid.
  • Cheesy acting is some situations with Master Chief and Cortana.
  • Soundtrack is memorable, but not as revolutionary as Marty's (composer in previous trilogy + ODST + Reach)
  • Lag issues in multiplayer makes fighting almost unfair sometimes.
  • Only remakes of classic maps, Valhalla and WIzard. Need more maps like Blood Gulch and Headlong.
  • Ordinance can sometimes be kind of one-sided.
  • No Rush in the soundtrack.

So yeah, that's basically my take on the game. I like where 343 is heading with this series, but they need a lot of learning to do. We'll see how Halo 5 goes and hopefully they learned from some of their mistakes regarding this game. If anyone has an Xbox gamertag...add Backstabber Man! I'd love to play with some of you guys. Always love trying to get big custom games going.

Anyone else have opinions on this game, yet? Happy gaming!

Not surprised the campaign sucks. Cortana in the trailers made it obvious that the whole thing was going to be fanfare. The CoD elements are the reason why I'm passing on this game. I enjoyed Halo 3 and Reach because they are NOT CoD. It's still frantic, but the low gravity, lack of sprint/iron sights, vehicles and flat out lack of EXP/perk system really made it unique. I saw gameplay footage and it looked like CoD in space.

Not surprised the campaign sucks. Cortana in the trailers made it obvious that the whole thing was going to be fanfare. The CoD elements are the reason why I'm passing on this game. I enjoyed Halo 3 and Reach because they are NOT CoD. It's still frantic, but the low gravity, lack of sprint/iron sights, vehicles and flat out lack of EXP/perk system really made it unique. I saw gameplay footage and it looked like CoD in space.

It's true, in some aspects, sadly. Been a massive Halo fan since it first was released. And I don't even know how I would feel going back to the multiplayer after playing this one...It would be saddening, to say the least.