Rush in Rio

CE24

I love the DVD. Watched it too many times to count. Saw the CD on Amazon for under seven bucks, so I ordered it. very disappointed with the mix. Almost un-listenable. How can the mix on All The Worlds a Stage, Exit, Stage Left, and Different Stages be so superior, yet years later, when technology has grown by leaps and bounds, the mix is pure garbage? Makes you wonder how, or if, the band listens to the final cut and says, 'yeah, let's put that out'. Spent six hours on the road today. It was 'Live Rush Day' in the cd player. I listened to the cds in the order I listed above. Rush in Rio is so bad it's depressing. On another note, the 'side one' of 2112 on Different Stages is pure Nirvana. When the crowd joins in during the guitar breaks with the thunderous 'HEYYYY!!!!' during 2112, I was getting chills as it took me back to last Sunday at the show. That's how simple my life is, lol.

I feel your pain. I recently broke out my copy of the Cds that came with the videoa and the packaging is so colorful and inviting but the mix is just baaaad. The vocals are so low in the mix I can't believe they released it like that.

I feel your pain. I recently broke out my copy of the Cds that came with the video and the packaging is so colorful and inviting but the mix is just baaaad. The vocals are so low in the mix I can't believe they released it like that.

The DVD mix is the same. I don't understand. It's not a different recording, at all.

You're just not paying enough attention to the mix watching the DVD (Neil's drum cam in the rear is absolutely ugly looking though. So blurry) to notice how bad it is.

It can't be the same mix. I often put the DVD in, and crank up the surround sound while doing things in the house. When I played the cd for the first time or two, I was horrified with the mix.

I forgot to ad 'A Show of Hands' to the cd list of mixes that I find more than acceptable.

Don't forget, the Rio show was apparently recorded using a "primitive Brazilian recording truck", so the master recording itself was probably not all that great. They fixed it up as best they could, but once you start with a bad master tape, there's only so much you can do with it.

I agree though, I find most of Rush In Rio to be completely un-listenable.

I happen to like Rush in Rio, (my fav DVD) but agree the sound could be better.

There are sections of "Different Stages" where the crowd noise is a little annoying...I have bootlegs that sound better than "Different Stages".