Help with soft synth

utkgreg

Hey guys,

I am a bass player who has been approached about forming a Rush tribute. I would like to start working on keyboard parts as well. I have downloaded OP-X but cannot trigger any of the sounds. I am a total novice with this stuff and would greatly appreciate any help you guys migh be able to give me. I have an Akai mpk49 to control it. I am trying to use Minihost as the host program. I think it may have something to do with me not being able to load Asio drivers. I'm running windows vista.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

I would suggest using Propellerheads Reason. I used it with my Rush band with much success.

You need to describe your set up a little more clearly. Be as specific as possible. For instance my rig for my Rush band is(was): a Radium61 keyboard controller, Roland XP-10 Synthesizer, Roland PK-5 pedal keyboard and a Roland Pad-8 percussion controller which went to a MIDI-Sport 4x4 USB-MIDI interface connected to a MacBook Pro for use with Reason and other audio software.

So my questions are: Are you going from the MPK directly in through USB? Do you have the current driver for it installed? Can you get any audio out of the computer without triggering from the controller? I have never heard of Minihost. What kind of app is it? Why are you using it? Have you linked the controller with the software in the prefs?

Edited by CygnusX-1Bk2

Hey guys,

I am a bass player who has been approached about forming a Rush tribute. I would like to start working on keyboard parts as well. I have downloaded OP-X but cannot trigger any of the sounds. I am a total novice with this stuff and would greatly appreciate any help you guys migh be able to give me. I have an Akai mpk49 to control it. I am trying to use Minihost as the host program. I think it may have something to do with me not being able to load Asio drivers. I'm running windows vista.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

I don't know much but I do think you'll have more success if you can upgrade to windows 7. I've found better support for hardware and software and it is just more stable.

Edited by hunter