Late and short review on Toronto concerts

AddictedRushian

So I ended up going to both concerts in Toronto! I gotta say, they blew me away! Opened with Subdivisions, and as soon as all instruments started playing together, I had tears in my eyes. It was the best moment of the 2 concerts, hands down. The feeling of seeing your heros for the first time and being in the same venue as them was a phenominal feeling. I personally love the 80s stuff so the whole entire first half was incredible! Both times! However I really thought Middletown Dreams was not a good choice to play live. I absolutely love the studio version but I felt as if it didn't have enough kick to it. Doesn't matter though, they still kicked ass on it! Smell of pot started to fill me up halfway through the first half. The whole vibe of the concert was something I'll never forget. For some reason though, I couldn't smell pot on the Tuesday.... Anyways, second half of the show made me appreciate the new album much more than before! Wish Them Well has grown on me from one listen on Tuesday! Ged was ripping it on bass as usual while Alex nailed all solos both nights! Neil was obviously on form the whole time. One thing I found with the new stuff in the second half was not everyone was into it. I understand some people may not be too keen on the album but I guess it is what it is, and whatever. I would take Manhattan Project over Dreamline anyday, but the string section was so good that I enjoyed Dreamline as much as Manhattan Project. Now we get to the crowd pleasers... YYZ, The Spirit of Radio, Tom Sawyer, and 2112. Every single person in the building was standing, cheering and singing and/or air drumming! The atmosphere was booming! To top it off, they end with a funny video! Overall, I had the best times of my life, and you know I'll buy tickets whenever they're around Toronto!

Long live RUSH!

1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

A buddy of mine went to the second Toronto show... 8th row floors, centre. (Prick.) He's been to about 15 Rush shows since 1977 and he said this one was easily the best. The place was sold out (as was the first night apparently) and his 16 year old son went mental. It was his third show.