LOVE FOR LEVON @ IZOD center 2 morrow Wednesday Oc

crushtopher

I don`t know if anybody here knows who Levon Helm was, or the Band, but i am a big fan . Tomorrow night there is a special concert at the Izod center in East Rutherford in honor of the Legend . He was an amazing musician . Anyway the lineup of performers is absolutely amazing. Joe Walsh(Eagles), Ray Lamontaine, John Mayer , Mavis Staples, Mike Gordon (Phish), Jakob Dylan, Roger Waters( Yeah thee Roger freaking Waters), Lucinda Williams, John Prine, David Bromberg ,Warren Haynes,Greg Allman. Tedeschi and Trucks, Robert Randolph,Bruce Hornsby,Jakob Dylan,Eric Church, Dierks Bently,Members of the Levon Helm Band, and many more special guests yet to be announced. So i realize this is not a progressive band type thing, but if anyone wants to take part of the Concert (i believe of the Decade) . You might want to buy a ticket. I personally believe this concert will be talked about for years to come. Any way i am there . The concert is tomorrow night and they still have tickets. Look it upo on line if you live in the city make it out this is one for the ages .

Rare for Waters to do this sort of thing. Great lineup for sure. Levon was brilliant and obviously well loved and respected in the musician circles.

Enjoy man. Unfortunately I'm clear accross the country but wish I could be there.

Thanks man , Least someone can appreciate it. Can`t even sleep. This is gonna be incredible. I placed this up because I know that it will be a great show and i figured if anybody is near thay neck of the woods i wouldnt want them tto miss it. Think they might even be filming it for DVD not sure . I`ll i do know is Levons band themselves are absolutely great.Then you got all those people playing tribute to. One amazing show!

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Oct 2 2012, 11:45 PM)
I don`t know if anybody here knows who Levon Helm was, or the Band, but i am a big fan . Tomorrow night there is a special concert at the Izod center in East Rutherford in honor of the Legend . He was an amazing musician . Anyway the lineup of performers is absolutely amazing. Joe Walsh(Eagles), Ray Lamontaine, John Mayer , Mavis Staples, Mike Gordon (Phish), Jakob Dylan, Roger Waters( Yeah thee Roger freaking Waters), Lucinda Williams, John Prine, David Bromberg ,Warren Haynes,Greg Allman. Tedeschi and Trucks, Robert Randolph,Bruce Hornsby,Jakob Dylan,Eric Church, Dierks Bently,Members of the Levon Helm Band, and many more special guests yet to be announced. So i realize this is not a progressive band type thing, but if anyone wants to take part of the Concert (i believe of the Decade) . You might want to buy a ticket. I personally believe this concert will be talked about for years to come. Any way i am there . The concert is tomorrow night and they still have tickets. Look it upo on line if you live in the city make it out this is one for the ages .

Looks like an incredible show. I hope you have a blast.

Say hi to Warren Haynes for me.

Grace Potter is also scheduled to be there.

Here is a rundown/setlist from the show:

1. "The Shape I'm In," Warren Haynes

2. "Long Black Veil," Gregg Allman and Warren Haynes

3. "Trouble in Mind," Jorma Kaukonen and Barry Mitterhoff

4. "This Wheel's on Fire," the Midnight Ramble Band (Larry Campbell on vocals)

5. "Little Birds," the Midnight Ramble Band (Amy Helm and Teresa Williams on vocals)

6. "Listening to Levon," Marc Cohn

7. "Move Along Train," Mavis Staples

8. "Life is a Carnival," Allen Toussaint, Jaimoe

9. "When I Paint My Masterpiece," John Prine, Garth Hudson

10. "Anna Lee," Bruce Hornsby

11. "Ain't Got No Home," Jakob Dylan and Rami Jaffee of the Wallflowers

12. "Whispering Pines," Lucinda Williams

13. "Rag Mama Rag," John Hiatt, Mike Gordon

(Intermission)

14. "Baby Don't You Do It," David Bromberg and Joan Osborne

15. "I Shall Be Released," Grace Potter

16. "Tears of Rage," Ray LaMontagne, John Mayer

17. "Rockin' Chair," Dierks Bentley, Jon Randall, Jessi Alexander

18. "Chest Fever," Dierks Bentley, Jon Randall, Jessi Alexander, Garth Hudson

19. "A Train Robbery," Eric Church

20. "Get Up Jake," Eric Church

21. "Tennessee Jed," Larry Campbell, John Mayer

22. "Up on Cripple Creek," Joe Walsh, Robert Randolph

23. "Ophelia," My Morning Jacket

24. "It Makes No Difference," My Morning Jacket

25. "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down," Roger Waters with My Morning Jacket

26. "Wide River to Cross," Roger Waters and Amy Helm

27. "The Weight," Ensemble

This show was absolutely amazing start to finish. Just kept coming at you. At least for myself, i rate it as the very best concert i have attended. From what i understand ,and from observation, they filmed this whole night . I very much look forward to the DVD. Great tribute to a great man , Levon was one special person . Glad i got to see him perform multiple times before he passed.

QUOTE (crushtopher @ Oct 10 2012, 09:35 PM)
to apetersvt ,
Thankyou for placing the set list and who played. Where you there? I hope you were because it was something very special. The love for Levon filled that room! I will never forget it.,nor will those that experienced it.

Nope. Did not attend. But, I would certainly have been there if I lived in the area. Being a big Warren Haynes fan, I had to look up the setlist and see what tunes he played on. I found it posted on the forum at allmanbrothersband.com. You might want to check out the thread discussion about the show. Glad you enjoyed it!!