Opinions on the visuals, lighting, etc.

What did everybody think of the film footage, lighting, and overall set design?

I was pretty impressed! Loved the munchkin theme going on. The popcorn popper, the brain inside the jar, the old victrola.

The multitude of smaller screens that were moving around in the air was great!

The Garden video was one of the best!

The added footage to Force Ten with all the tornados and rescue efforts.

I was blown away: each song had something unique about its lighting. Carnies had the red and white beams, Red Sector A had the shifting colors, the rain effect in The Wreckers...The Anarchist had the red screens, Clockwork Angels had the floating screens simulating flying angels...the Force Ten montage...it was fantastic. Best visual show they've done, IMO.

QUOTE (Deckiller @ Sep 8 2012, 10:52 AM)
I was blown away: each song had something unique about its lighting. Carnies had the red and white beams, Red Sector A had the shifting colors, the rain effect in The Wreckers...The Anarchist had the red screens, Clockwork Angels had the floating screens simulating flying angels...the Force Ten montage...it was fantastic. Best visual show they've done, IMO.

I'm a tornado buff, so I was thrilled with the footage there including the classic ASOH visuals with the sheep.

The explosions were a bit much and I think Geddy even mentioned he was unprepared. It was loud!

The rain effect for Wreckers was indeed very good!

The two headed man (with Geddy and Alex's heads on one body) and the bearded lady (Neil) for "Carnies"

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 8 2012, 10:46 AM)
What did everybody think of the film footage, lighting, and overall set design?

I was pretty impressed! Loved the munchkin theme going on. The popcorn popper, the brain inside the jar, the old victrola.

The multitude of smaller screens that were moving around in the air was great!

The Garden video was one of the best!

The added footage to Force Ten with all the tornados and rescue efforts.

goodpost.gif

Agreed. I liked the placement of the strings behind Neil - they looked so cool playing behind the band, yet their sound was never imposing. They were all smiling and were definitely enjoying themselves (and rocking out) but didn't detract any attention from the band.

The visual of their bows moving when the band was rocking was an indelible image. Wow!

I liked the stage with the giant alchemy symbol (circle in triangle) on a crimson field. Geddy's gear driven synths (7 basses on tap last night for those keeping track - a baby blue one I hadn't seen - all J-basses). He had a popcorn machine (corny) that fed into a processor (horny), that fed into a brain (brainy), that fed into a victrola style speaker (bassy). Neil's drum riser had a really cool greenish glow through port holes like the Nautilus in 20,000 Leagues. All of the string players, and Neil, had different numbers from the clock on their shirts.

The pyrotechnics were *huge* especially during Carnies. I loved the purple and blue lighting and moving screens with the silhouette of the bird in flight (CA I think).

Alex's side was obscured from my seats, I only saw large silver discs and a translucent glow.

An excellent light show!

2.gif cheer.gif

trink39.gif trink38.gif

Haha, that was great.

I think this was their best effects/light show. It's one of those visual spectacles that's best seen from afar. From where I was seated, in Section 201, I was able to take it all in and it was incredible. Loved it more than the spider from last year!

Yeah, the overall concert/explosions were a little too loud. Still liked 'em for the "shock value" though.