Mr. Improv--Neil Peart

Improvisational Train Wrecks--Which song?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Improvisational Train Wrecks--Which song?

• Caravan
    • BU2B
    • Clockwork Angels
    • The Anarchist
    • Carnies
    • Halo Effect
    • Seven Cities of Gold
    • The Wreckers
    • Headlong Flight
    • BU2B2
    • Wish Them Well
    • The Garden

I like the natural drum solo much better than the electronic one. In Raleigh he pounded the absolute crap out of those drums and it was so hot I'm amazed that the whole building didn't go up in flames.
  • Like 1

I suppose it all depends on ones definition of a "train wreck". To me, mistakes/misteps/errors are not train wrecks. Mistakes are only natural, and like everyone else, the guys are subject to having them. They are only human. I was at the Cleveland show for Time Machine, and they had a mistake/error on Presto. To me, that's not a train wreck.

Some artists make they're way onstage in no condition to play, and barely make their way through their songs, and if they do, they end up butchering them. To me, those are train wrecks.

Edited by Phantom
  • Like 1

I've been to two shows this tour and while I love a solid 8 minutes of Neil's solo, the parting out of his solo this tour was refreshing. I have to admit, the first solo, coming within he first half of the first set, I was hoping that wasn't it. LOL

Gotta give the guy some slack...he's 60!! I'll bet breaking up that solo did wonders for him...the CA portion of the concert is no cakewalk.

Edited by Amy Farrah Fowler
  • Like 1