Jackpot

Queslington

Yesterday I decided to go to a nearby flea market. I think I need to start going more often, because I scored the following for a grand total of $12:

Power Windows cassette

The Wall cassette

Genesis - A Trick of the Tail cd

VINYL

ELP - Works vol.2

Mike Oldfield- Tubular Bells

Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge

Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives of Henry VIII

Rush - Archives

U.K. - U.K.

Al di Meola - Elegant Gypsy

Genesis - Wind & Wuthering

Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans

George Carlin - Occupation: Foole

Has anyone else here hit the jackpot recently?

Nice!

A couple of months ago I found I bunch of Yes, ELP, Tull (including TAAB with newspaper in great condition), Weather Report, Return To Forever, and Renaissance albums at a flea market. They were all in perfect condition and were around $1 each.

Edited by ColdFireYYZ

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Aug 13 2012, 06:33 PM)
Nice!

A couple of months ago I found I bunch of Yes, ELP, Tull (including TAAB with newspaper in great condition), Weather Report, Return To Forever, and Renaissance albums at a flea market. They were all in perfect condition and were around $1 each.

Tales and Works were the only Yes/ELP albums I was missing, so I was excited. They also had Weather Report's "Heavy Weather", but I already have the cd and vinyl (I've become a huge Jaco fan ever since I started to play bass).

I'm also jealous of your TAAB, haha mine doesn't have the newspaper. And I've been looking all over for Return to Forever recently and can't find their music anywhere other than the internet.

ps. I really like your taste in music

2.gif

A couple years back I got maybe 40 John Coltrane, Miles Davis and a couple other artists on CD all for about 60 cents per CD.

Scores like that don't come around too often though.

Personally, I find it more and more difficult to make great CD scores at yard sales and flea markets. I have most of the popular stuff I want, and the stuff I still want is anywhere from somewhat to completely obscure. I actually have a printout of the CD's on my want list that I take with me now to yard sales because I kept finding myself buying CD's I already had!