Charity Ride for AIDS

iluvgeddy05

Hi everyone!

On September 15, I will be participating in a charity bicycle ride around one of our Finger Lakes in Upstate NY (Cayuga Lake).

Why? Not only will this be a personal challenge, but its to raise money for the Southern Tier Aids Programs, Inc. of upstate NY.

STAPInc. assists those living with HIV in eight counties of the southern tier regions in upstate NY (for those somewhat familiar with the area, this is around Binghamton and Ithaca regions). They provide clinical, social and mental support and promotes AIDS/Hepatitis C education and preventative measures. Their services are free and confidential.

This year, donations to STAPInc. are even more crucial and needed as recent budget cuts have severely stripped state funding for this organization. It's through donations like yours that make the difference and keep STAPInc and, let's face it, PEOPLE alive. (really, think about it - not a stretch of the imagination!)

Also, I would like to note this region suffered a lot of economic distress last summer due to Hurricane Irene, which literally swept away towns off the map. Upstate NY rarely sees devastation from coastal storms, so you can imagine the shock of having a hurricane flood out your towns and businesses. It's tough times down in the area and resources from STAPInc. are being accessed even more.

My goal is to ride as much around the lake as I can - but I am hoping with support and encouragement, I will be able to finish out the full 100 miles around Cayuga Lake in one day!

So, if you are feeling charitable, please consider making a donation (in any amount!) to my fundraising page: http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jill...e-for-life-2012

Can't donate? No worries - just say a silent prayer (or chant, or HURRAHH, whatever you do) for me and my team!

You always seemed like a cool and sweet girl/woman to me and it's for a great cause! I just donated ten bucks (That's all could afford, I have a Visa debit card that had ten dollars on it. lol). When I donated, I was asked if I wanted to cover the service fee's also but like I said I only had ten dollars on the card so I couldn't. Anyhow, good luck! trink39.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Aug 13 2012, 08:12 PM)
You always seemed like a cool and sweet girl/woman to me and it's for a great cause! I just donated ten bucks (That's all could afford, I have a Visa debit card that had ten dollars on it. lol). When I donated, I was asked if I wanted to cover the service fee's also but like I said I only had ten dollars on the card so I couldn't. Anyhow, good luck! trink39.gif

I just saw, so thank you!!

The host site, Firstgiving, is annoying and I hate that it asks donors to cover the 1% or whatever, but I tell people to not feel obligated to.

I really appreciate it! trink39.gif

I did it! I rode the full 100 miles around the lake. What an incredible day. Weather was a big chilly for riding, but really sunny and seasonable. There was ton of food along the way too, which kept us going.

I was so glad I was able to participate in so something that made such a difference. All the riders yesterday in total raise over $260,000!! Remarkable - all that money goes towards saving lives and helping people with HIV live full productive lives.

Thanks everyone who encouraged me to go the distance!!