CLockworks Angels: A step back in time

Dynastyuk

I got my Classic Rock magazine RUSH Fan Pack today, that I pre-ordered months ago before the fans poster deadline with my name listed with the other fans. Anyways, this is the title track from the album, dedicated to their long term album photo artist Andrew MacNaughtan (25/2/1964 - 25/1/2012).

I have see this cover lots of times from the pre-release press pictures months ago, and only after listening to the CD half way thru, it suddenly smacked me in the face with a hidden meaning within the cover photo artwork. There is a zodiac sign logo character for every hour, but this isn't what struck me down.

If you look at the hands of the clock it tells you the time of 9:12 on the clock hands, and you may well say WTF, but it is a reference to a certain time in RUSH history, via the 24 hour clock system to be exact. As 9:12 as in 24 hours is 21:12 and back in the hey days of 1976 the power trio of RUSH released my very first vinyl record listening of the finest Candian Rockers and I became a long term fan. The album that it is in reference to, is in fact the Starman logo'ed record entitled "2112". So a rather smart fact find by myself today and well chuffed I spotted it.

Edited by Dynastyuk

QUOTE (Dynastyuk @ Jun 12 2012, 02:50 AM)
I got my Classic Rock magazine RUSH Fan Pack today, that I pre-ordered months ago before the fans poster deadline with my name listed with the other fans. Anyways, this is the title track from the album, dedicated to their long term album photo artist Andrew MacNaughtan (25/2/1964 - 25/1/2012).

I have see this cover lots of times from the pre-release press pictures months ago, and only after listening to the CD half way thru, it suddenly smacked me in the face with a hidden meaning within the cover photo artwork. There is a zodiac sign logo character for every hour, but this isn't what struck me down.

If you look at the hands of the clock it tells you the time of 9:12 on the clock hands, and you may well say WTF, but it is a reference to a certain time in RUSH history, via the 24 hour clock system to be exact. As 9:12 as in 24 hours is 21:12 and back in the hey days of 1976 the power trio of RUSH released my very first vinyl record listening of the finest Candian Rockers and I became a long term fan. The album that it is in reference to, is in fact the Starman logo'ed record entitled "2112". So a rather smart fact find by myself today and well chuffed I spotted it.

I think there's been few threads on this...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...&hl=clock&st=60

This one didn't go so well...

wacko.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 12 2012, 03:03 AM)
beathorse.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif

wtf.gif moon.gif z7shysterical.gif

GeddyFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif AlexFinal.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 12 2012, 03:05 AM)
Late to the party but welcome to the party nonetheless. trink39.gif

trink39.gif THANK YOU 653.gif

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 12 2012, 09:03 AM)
beathorse.gif beathorse.gif beathorse.gif

bitchslap.gif pokey.gif bd.gif waffen093.gif moon.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 12 2012, 11:38 AM)
OMG....THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION! ohmy.gif

tongue.gif very good of you applaudit.gif

Edited by Dynastyuk

QUOTE (vital signz @ Jun 12 2012, 12:14 PM)
Welcome to the board. Most devoted fans of any band anywhere!

Let me buy you a beer! trink39.gif

bekloppt.gif and trink39.gif for the welcome to the forum.

QUOTE (Dynastyuk @ Jun 12 2012, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jun 12 2012, 11:38 AM)
OMG....THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION! ohmy.gif

tongue.gif very good of you applaudit.gif

welcome aboard trink39.gif

Wow! Thank you, OP! How would I ever tell time without you?

And military time?

Damn.

I'd be lost without you!

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes even the sarcasm ones, and the extra info too on all things 2.gif .