Steve Hackett

Xanaseb

Any Steve Hackett fans out there? (well there surely must be I spot a 'Squackett' thread)

His music has to be in my top 6. His guitar sears through my skull and straight into my spirit, and he, like Rush NEVER seems to stop!!! He is ageless! His most recent album, Beyond the Shrouded Horizon (his 25th studio album if you include his Genesis stuff)was SPECTACULAR.

He has just done an album with Chris Squire from yes, called 'Squackett' ( laugh.gif ) and it sounds not bad at all smile.gif, very relaxed. Heard someone coin it as "light prog".

So, who else will join in with me in praise of the Hackett maestro?

Xanaseb

Fav Hackett album:

It actually has to be Beyond the Shrouded Horizon. He's outdone himself soooo much.

in terms of classics, then probably Spectral Mornings hehe.

with Genesis: SEBTP.

Yep. One of my ten favorite guitarists of all time.

Big fan of Voyage of the Acolyte. Massive fan of his work with Genesis.

Return of the Giant Hogweed, Fly on the Windshield... It's rarely mentioned, but he kills on the Genesis Live version of The Knife.

Looking forward to getting Squackett!

1022.gif

Been lucky enough to photograph five times on his recent tour , and he's not only a superb guitarist , but a very humble and down to earth great bloke ..

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/leemillward/Steve%20Hackett%20Gloucester%202011/DSC_3950.jpg

I do like his earliest solo material best. Two songs off "Please Don't Touch" with Steve Walsh singing are great. I wish these two put out an album together. Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 8 2012, 05:58 PM)
I love his work with Genesis but the only solo album I have is Please Don't Touch. I'll have to delve deeper into his solo work.

Please do!!!! biggrin.gif

great to see Hackett fans around TRF too biggrin.gif