Favorite Rush Tour/concert ever?

Indica

ALL of the Rush concerts I have been to were memorable, and I loved each one for thier own reasons:

April 26, 1994 - Counterparts Tour

--------------------------------------------

This was my VERY first concert I ever attended...and having it be a RUSH concert was AWESOME! After that night, I had entered a WHOLE NEW world of Rush, and NEVER looked back.

November 7, 1996 - Test For Echo Tour

---------------------------------------------

The first tour with 3+ hours of just RUSH!? Truly AWESOME! Seeing 2112 in it's entirty played live was complete genious...as well as Natural Science. Haha, I remember during Roll The Bones, Alex walked over to the cardboard cutout of Pamela Anderson he had infront of his amp stack, put his arm around it, smiled at the crowd and pointed at himself as if to say, "Oh yea..she's MINE!"

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

July 9, 2002 - Vapor Trails Tour (Show #1)

-------------------------------------------------

I was more excited about THIS tour than ANY of the other Rush shows I saw...knowing that it had been a long 5 years since they had toured, and I knew that it was gonna be a REALLY awesome tour. Just knowing that Rush (as a band) came EXTREMELY close to ending, made this tour 10x more exciting and special. Also, I got to see La Villa Strangiato played live for the first time, which I had ALWAYS wanted to see since Counterparts. Just seeing the guys on stage having a great time doing what they do best, which COULD have (God FORBID) came to a sad end, made it a very memorable show.

October 15, 2002 - Vapor Trails Tour (Show #2)

----------------------------------------------------

It was the EXACT same experience and excitment as the first time. So, just to sum up THIS review, just read the one before THIS one. biggrin.gif

August 7, 2004 - R30 Tour

----------------------------------------------------

This one ranks right up there with the 2 Vapor Trails shows I saw. I was really gald to see some of my favorite songs return the set, like Subdivisions, Red Barchetta, Xanadu...and even the raraties like Between The Wheels (which was BEAUTIFUL), Mystic Rhythms, and all the songs featured in the opening R30 Medley. During the intermission, this dude who was sitting in front of me was telling me about how he had attened at LEAST 2 shows for every Rush tour since Hemispheres. Damn...that would have been TOO cool. If it were only me...or ALOT of us that are here, lol yes.gif

Oh yea, and the Jerry Stiller intro and outro videos were priceless! laugh.gif

...and "I" for one plan on going to EVERY Rush tour 'til the day they call it quits...which I'm sure won't be for a good bit. PEACE!

-Matt

Well, I saw AFTK, 2.gif HEMISPHERES 2.gif & MOVING PICTURES 2.gif And well I would have to go with Moving pictures only because by then I had 5 yrs. under my belt listening to 2.gif And felt worthy to be called a 2.gif veteran back then. But I wished to this day I could have seen ATWAS in Toronto. It was the first album that really got me into 2.gif . Good post cool.gif

troutman 653.gif & the beagle cheer.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (faultline @ Sep 25 2004, 01:16 AM)
2112 - orriginal shrilling melody for "Temples of Syrinx"..most of 2112 was played if not all.
Anthem, Flybynight,Bytor , Farewell to Kings, Bastille day , , Xanadu, Closer to the Heart.,Cinderella Man, Passage to Bankock, Something for nothing, Cygness x-1, All of Hemisheres-including the introduction of a well received first ever instrumental!....encores of abreiviated Finding my way, In the mood, and Working Man...anyway..The best of all the early material..nothing left behind..(drum solo of course)

Thats like my dream set drool1.gif

Well i'd have to say 8th of September 2004 - Wembly Arena, London.

First and only 2.gif show i've had the opportunity to go and see...and I loved it 100%. I really do hope they come back to little ol' Britain, cause i'll be there ina shot!!! cool.gif

well.It is a toss-up between 13/5/79 at the Colsten Hall in Bristol(UK) or the second night at Wembley-both gigs had Xanadu.

Both gigs were full of expectation,they could be fantastic or they could fail.

The Wembley gig could be awful 'coz the chaps just didn't feel good playing over here or felt we wouldn't be too welcoming after them being away for far too long,the 1979 gig because my expectations would be too high.

The first one or the last one.I really am pushed towards the R30 gig but I saw Max Webster........supporting Rush.........ooooooohhhhhhhh,we're just musicians....here to thin the thickness of your skin----c'mon researchers. applaudit.gif cheer.gif

It was the Counterparts tour for me. It was the very first Rush concert I had been to. VT comes close though, just because of my proximity to the stage.

Archived