Holy Roller Politician Introduces Proposal

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 29 2005, 10:19 PM)
WTF!? Does this guy even know what the team got their name from and the history behind it?

It doesn't seem to matter to some people. For this guy, it's a publicity ploy to gain more fame and favor with the religious. In this day where the conservative seem to have the ear of politicians and religious fundamentalist freaks are getting their agenda listened to, anything that is not Christian is attacked. Just mention the word devil or demon and bible thumpers everywhere exhibit shock or outrage. Huge bag of rice if you ask me.

Before long, John Lennon's "Imagine" will be banned because it suggests we don't need religion to live in peace. Sorry for the hijack, but my point is valid.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ May 29 2005, 10:30 PM)
QUOTE (kazzman @ May 29 2005, 10:19 PM)
WTF!? Does this guy even know what the team got their name from and the history behind it?

It doesn't seem to matter to some people. For this guy, it's a publicity ploy to gain more fame and favor with the religious. In this day where the conservative seem to have the ear of politicians and religious fundamentalist freaks are getting their agenda listened to, anything that is not Christian is attacked. Just mention the word devil or demon and bible thumpers everywhere exhibit shock or outrage. Huge bag of rice if you ask me.

Before long, John Lennon's "Imagine" will be banned because it suggests we don't need religion to live in peace. Sorry for the hijack, but my point is valid.

No apology required...actually I wasn't sure if this belonged in the Politics forum or the Sports forum. either way I agree with you.

Archived