The Sweeney - The Ultimate TV Cop Show!

treeduck

In the 70s The Sweeney was essential viewing! A true classic TV show!

Any UK TRFers of a certain age will know what I'm talking about.

If you haven't seen this show you've missed out BIG time!

Get over to netflix or youtube right away!

Here's a typical scene:

biggrin.gif cool10.gif

Let me just say "...we're the Sweeney and we haven't had any dinner!"

And: "Get your trousers on sunshine, you're nicked!!"

laugh.gif

Anyone else?

trink38.gif

"I hate this bastard place, it's a bloody holiday camp for thieves and weirdoes, all the rubbish. You nail a villain and some ponced up pin stripe Hampstead barrister screws it all up like an old gay packet and pops off for a game of squash and a glass of Madeira. He's taking home 30 grand a year and we can just about afford 10 days in Eastbourne and a second hand car. Nah, it's all bloody wrong, my son."

"I am utterly and abjectly pissed-off with this little lot. I've given the best years of my life to the job. I've got eighteen bloody commendations, if you include the one I didn't get yesterday. And how does this 'wonderful' police force show its gratitude for all my years of unstinting effort? It bangs me up in a crummy little cell like some cheap little villain - all because a toerag called Hutchinson's got a few bottles twitching on the Fifth Floor. Now, because that poor little bastard had the guts to get off his arse, I'm going to have to be reinstated. And what do you bunch of bleeding double-dyed hypocrites want now? You want me to crawl back to work and be terribly grateful that I didn't get nicked for something I didn't do. Well you can stuff it!"

"The hairs on my wooden leg tell me that something is up."

"You couldn't find an Irishman in a Harp Club."

"He's a weirdo and he's hard enough to rollerskate on."

"If you weren't who you are, I'd kick your arse up to your shoulderblades."

"Now the question is: do I write my statement and then get drunk, or get drunk then write it?"

"Nah, course I wasn't scared. Mind you, some bugger peed in my pants."

QUOTE (Natural Rush @ Sep 16 2011, 05:14 PM)
you know i am 42 and back in the day the sweeney was on too late for me and too violent , now its on 7am on tv here , funny how things change lol

I watched it, it came out about the same time as Kojak and Starsky and Hutch only on ITV and on a friday night, I'm not sure though was Kojack on ITV too? I remember Starsky and Hutch was on BBC on Saturday nights...

trink36.gif