Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Its been about 3 days now since i upgraded my imac to the latest OS X and I can honestly say that the entire experience of upgrading was pretty amazing in that it was completely seamless.

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool PC guy, and computers (specifically wintel-based) are my daily life for the past dozen or so years. But the imac was a complete self-indulgent purchase, mainly for what it gives me for creative pursuits, multimedia and family fun. Plus, it was like going back home in a sense as my very first job in my first days out of college was working with Macintoshes.

This was however my first ever online/download/OS upgrade I have ever done. It took all of about 12 minutes to download (3.8GB) and about 30 minutes to install, reboot and I have to admit I was a bit surprised at how well it all went.

Apple has obviously delivered the first phase of their intent to unify the Mac OS with the iOS from their iphone/ipad lines and I have to say, it meshes very well with my iPad2, and has a very cohesive feel. Launchpad (an application launcher dashboard that mimics the iphone/ipad interface for apps) doesnt completely thrill me, but thats mainly because I have gotten so used to launching things with Spotlight or the Dock.

The machine screams. A few glitches, but I expect it from a new OS and its nothing I cant work around. I am loving the new 'gesture'-based integration with trackpad (up is down and down is up, lol) as if you were 'flicking' your screen of an iOS device to navigate. A lot of really cool intuitive things that can be disabled if it feels too far from "home" of Snow Leopard.

Anyone else take the plunge yet?

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jul 25 2011, 08:07 PM)
Anyone else take the plunge yet?

Yep, and it's great. Flawless upgrade procedure, and fast. The new scrolling method took all of an hour to get used to, now it's second nature. Not a fan of Launchpad since I'm a long time user of DragThing, which is awesome.