Youtube song covers

ioc

So many times I see youtube covers of Rush songs that are just outstanding. I think to myself, "I wish I could have that track to play along with." But it's impossible to isolate the playing from the background song.

I've been thinking how great it would be if people recording covers panned the tracks, having the music they're playing with to one side (the left, for instance) and their performance to the other side (alternatively, the right). I still think it would sound alright over speakers. (I mean, isn't that essentially what 5.1 does?) When I'm practicing, (often to studio albums) I usually pan the music apart from my instrument so that I can more easily distinguish my playing (for accuracy), but it doesn't really take away from the sound.

Man, if everyone did this, in no time I'd have access to every part of Rush songs that I could multi-track and use for practice. It may even make custom mixes possible. (Sort of like the Virtually Rush project, but with more options.) I wonder if anyone else would even think this was a good idea. Anyway, just wishful thinking on my part. user posted image

I agree!!

I am working on new stuff, this video was recorded with a terrible camera, and my guitar output is totally lacking,...that said, I am still fond of the aspect I played the song well, and it is my first you tube video.

The Camera Eye and BU2B coming shortly smile.gif