Ios 4.3.1 Iphone/Ipod Touch

snowdogged

I have an Ipod Touch 3G 32GB and updated to ios 4.3.1 and my battery was dying at least twice as fast as before on 4.2.1. I checked in forums all over the net and most people seem to be saying the same thing. I'm glad that my Ipod was jailbroken and I had my shsh blobs saved which allowed me to downgrade back to 4.2.1. Anyone else upgrade and have the same issue. I'd recommend not upgrading until they fix this issue in a later ios.

I still have version 4.1 for my 64gig touch. The battery life has been consistent since I got it. I don't plan on updating it anytime soon.

I personally think all these upgrades and updates are ridiculous. I listen to music, go online, and play games on my ipod. I don't need constant updates for shit I'll never use.

I know I'm a bit of a hypocrite, having an iPhone and all, but I honestly believe that the people at Apple are fascists. When iOS 4.0 came out they stopped supporting the 1st gen iPod Touch, claiming the device wasn't powerful enough to support 4.0 features. I did some research and I looked at the other iPhone specs to find that the first gen iPod touch is more powerful than the iPhone 2G and has NEARLY IDENTICAL specs to the iPhone 3G, which supported iOS 4.0.

My point being, don't get your hopes up on having the issue fixed. Chances are the depleted battery life is intentional.

Edited by usb_connector