You ever been lost?

Tom Sawyer

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 6 2011, 02:56 PM)
QUOTE (Tom Sawyer @ Mar 25 2011, 10:33 AM)
Several weeks back, my son and I were in the mountains and we got lost. We had a gps, but it was too vague to be of any really help, I mean, gps works great whe there are roads and turns are identified and directional landmarks etc.

But in the mountains. It's not about how to get you there. It's a bout how to GET YOU BACK where you began your journey out.

Anyway, he was really panics, I was too, but I had the benefit of experience that assured me we would eventually find our way out/back. But I was more time efficient thinking and he being only 11 years old was genuinely concerned about our future. Even concidering we had taken measures to have survival equipment to last us a couple days if need be.

Now I have been challenged with convincing him to go back out there, only to be countered with his concerns that we will get lost again but with possiblely less fortunate out come next time. (sigh)

So I have ordered one of these  http://www.bushnell.com/products/gps/backtrack/
For our next ... outdoor adventure.

p.s. I still remember being horrified as a toddler loosing my mom in the grocery store. I was maybe 4 or 5 and thought I was a goner! Oh the fear, the sheer terror of certain abondonment!

Do you have a story about getting lost?

Did you not think to enter waypoints into your GPS?

That would require the actual reading of the instruction manual, and we all know guys don't do that.

tongue.gif

Archived