North America, Europe, North America?

shaun3701

Is it just me or is this shaping up to be a weird tour schedule? Why are they splitting it up like this? I'm a little surprised they're even touring at all, considering they're supposed to be working on the new album. What happened to all these songs they had written?

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 30 2010, 04:29 PM)
Is it just me or is this shaping up to be a weird tour schedule? Why are they splitting it up like this? I'm a little surprised they're even touring at all, considering they're supposed to be working on the new album. What happened to all these songs they had written?

I thought you only cared about tours not new albums...

smile.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 30 2010, 04:37 PM)

smile.gif

that was before I heard the new songs, and was expecting more crap like S&A tongue.gif

everything takes a backstep when the moola is rolling in.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Nov 30 2010, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 30 2010, 04:37 PM)

smile.gif

that was before I heard the new songs, and was expecting more crap like S&A tongue.gif

You're a fool boy!

wink.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 30 2010, 05:28 PM)

Yes.

Geddy said in an interview recently:

there's something about the way the Time Machine Tour came together that we'd like as many Rush fans as possible to experience it. So I think we're gonna try and bring that tour to Europe...

This is code for:

We made a sh!tload of money in 2010 and that is the only way bands can make money anymore. We're not getting any younger, so we are going to try to make as much money as we can right now

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Nov 30 2010, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Nov 30 2010, 05:28 PM)

Yes.

Geddy said in an interview recently:

there's something about the way the Time Machine Tour came together that we'd like as many Rush fans as possible to experience it. So I think we're gonna try and bring that tour to Europe...

This is code for:

We made a sh!tload of money in 2010 and that is the only way bands can make money anymore. We're not getting any younger, so we are going to try to make as much money as we can right now

i think they played their cards right. they went in thinking we'll play a short tour but leave it open to expanding it depending on the success. they saw the success they were having and put everything else on hold. they could have went either way. if it wasn't a big success they could have easily went the other way and possibly finished the album and than another big tour. i think they knew by playing mp in it's entirety that it would bring in the loot and i also think they knew they were probably going to keep this tour going. once again, great marketing. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I think it is a fine line the band walks. Sure they make more income by touring. But listen to and read the comments from fans that have not seen the band and have been missed on the last couple of tours.

Also, getting on the band for not making enough money due to people stealing the music vs buying the CD's is kind of silly. The record companies really stick it to the artists yet no one stands up for the artist losing tones of money to record execs...

And I for one am damned glad that the band I grew up loving is still touring and filling arenas and stadiums all over the world!

Sure I want a new CD for the collection but right now I'd rather see them live while they still do live shows!

I am by no means criticizing Rush for wanting to make money.

If this were 1985, they'd definitely work on the album now and hope to sell 3 million copies....but they're more likely to sell 300,000 copies and it's just difficult to make that feasable. It really sucks for the industry. And it really sucks for us....because we all want new music from Rush. The problem is there will be a large % of fans, many who even frequent this site, that will illegally download it. It's too easy. I'm not one of them, but they are everywhere

Now, they have to tour to make a living at music. Totally sucks for Neil!

rofl3.gif

I honestly can't believe they made the 2010 leg a "trial run'. "It's 2.gif ". How could they not expect success.

It's about the money, no doubt, we all know it. But I get the feeling that's not their #1 priority (may #2 or #3. 4 would be pushing it)

I know people in the touring industry. Scheduling dates is a long process that can take months.

I will tell you this now. Releasing these dates at the end of November means they would have had to started scheduling at the latest mid-August.

They've had this thing planned since before the 2010 tour ended.

QUOTE (GuitarPlyr01 @ Dec 1 2010, 03:41 PM)
I honestly can't believe they made the 2010 leg a "trial run'. "It's 2.gif ". How could they not expect success.

It's about the money, no doubt, we all know it. But I get the feeling that's not their #1 priority (may #2 or #3. 4 would be pushing it)

I know people in the touring industry. Scheduling dates is a long process that can take months.

I will tell you this now. Releasing these dates at the end of November means they would have had to started scheduling at the latest mid-August.

They've had this thing planned since before the 2010 tour ended.

what would be their #1 priority? priming their chops for the new album or maybe trying to expand their fanbase. i think it's a combination of money and exposure especially with playing mp in it's entirety. ask any casual fan or fans that know of rush but very little what rush album they like and all of them will say mp.