West Palm Review!

losingit2k

It was a winding night! The skies were partly cloudy and after meeting with several friends we went to our seats only to find a wall! By this I mean their was some guy that was 7 Ft Tall and 300+ lbs sitting right infront of me! I think he Bought two seats! Thankfully the people next to me didn't show up so we were able to move over to view the show! Anyway time passed, several great Progressive songs were played prior to the opening video! (Genesis, UK, Jethro Tull, Yes, Kansas!) A cornicopia of Prog Rock Classics! Then we saw the the lighting crew pick up the dangling ladders so I knew the event I've been waiting for almost 3 months to witness was about to commence! I grabbed my Flip and suddenly the lights went down! Everyone went nuts:

We were on our way! One good song after another! The same set list that!has circulated around this very forum! Then We came up to the new song BU2B:

Followed by Freewill:

Right after they went into Marathon where Geddy flicked the mike off the stand when the "Shot in the Dark" explosion startled everyone including himself once he noticed he would not be able to come in on the next verse! The Tech came out remounted the mike and they kept going like the season professionals they are. Finally they were ending the show with the first Rush Song I ever learned on Keyboard Subdivisions:

The 1st Set ended. It was fantastic including LTTA which I've slammed for about three months. Somehow once your there nothing really seams to matter anymore! Its RUSH!

Anyway I went to visit my friend and chew the fat so to speak about the first set and 10 minutes later we went back to our seats once the Clock on the Time Machine began to click:

Followed by:

I noticed from watching them in Tampa the previous night that the video for the fast part of the song " Wind in my Hair" was not played at this show! Oh Well! At least Neil didn't drop a stick like he did during YYZ in Tampa! Anyway I noticed after Red Barchetta that my Batteries had dies on the Flip. This wasn't all bad at least I could enjoy YYZ better! What a light show. So after, I quickly changed the batteries in time for Limelight:

After Limelight the security came by and stopped me from Filming! I guess it was cause they were playing their prized jewel for this tour. The Camera Eye! OH Well no bigging! I sang along with a flawless performance noticing that Geddy voice wasn't as strong as the previous night! Hey I guess Andrea Bocelli would have proplems if he had so to sing 3 hours shows back to back! TCE led into Witch hunt, possibly the best visual of all the songs with the Fires cannons shooting off, then Vital Signs! A HIGHLIGHT in my opinion. Caravan followed and that reminded me that a forthcoming albums was just around the corner! The Screen on this song was emaculate! Almost 3D, the fires returned along with some flares. At conclusion, Neil went into his solo! Best Ever! The Man just keeps improving on perfection. Alex has his solo which went into Closer to the heart! The 6/8 feel in the middle was great followed by a little improve at the end! Then came 2112 and I got the nerve to film again:

Which had the best begining I've ever seen! Followed by Far Cry Which I thought dragged a bit:

That did it for the Second Set. Everyone bagan to yell RUSH, RUSH!

Then it was Polka time:

(Yes, that was me singing along with the music) Sorry! Anyway La Villa went into a reggae version of Working man which I felt worked great, then jammed like no other that night! Alex outdid him self on this song!

The last note played and the night came to an end:

Now Post Rush Depression set in on the way to the car! But Hey Clockwork Angels is just around the Corner! Which means another Tour!

1022.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Sigh.

I was suposed to see this show with the wife on the night of our 17th anniversary, but our babysitting plans blew up in our face. I guess we'll just have to save the cash we would have spent and put it toward front row seats in 2011!

QUOTE (Sign Of Eth @ Oct 10 2010, 01:52 PM)
Sigh.

I was suposed to see this show with the wife on the night of our 17th anniversary, but our babysitting plans blew up in our face. I guess we'll just have to save the cash we would have spent and put it toward front row seats in 2011!

Sounds like a great plan. I hope they keep TCE in the set for your two! You know last time they went to South America, they came back to Miami so you nver know, maybe they'll be more shows announced soon!

One can only wish!

653.gif