San Antonio Review

longhorn90

This was my first Rush show indoors and I had been looking forward to it for months. An old friend of mine who has been a Rush fan for years but never saw them live joined me from Austin. San Antonio is always a great rock draw and the Rush devotees and alot of younger folks packed the AT&T Center where the Spurs play.

The beginning featurette was hilarious and they've definitely upped the production. When Alex started playing the intro lines to 'Spirt' the place erupted. The next songs like 'Time" and 'Presto' sounded great. In fact I thought the entire show sounded better than the previous ones I've attended and perhaps because it was indoors. The rest of the first set went well with no apparent glitches although I was a little disappointed by the crowd's response to 'Faithless' and 'Working Them Angels.' The place went nuts for 'Free Will' but was motionless during 'Stick it Out' and a few others. Personally I thought the first set flowed really well and I like it better than the last our other than not playing 'Entre Nous.'

Second half was awesome. San Antonio got down to Moving Pictures and 'Camera Eye' didn't disappoint. I also particulary liked 'Red' and thought Alex nailed his solo in 'Limelight.' The boys in the band were really getting into it and I've never seen Neil smile as much. His solo was better than the last tour. It was creative, attention grabbing and technically impressive. Fave of the show was La Villa Strangiato and it's amazing they pull this off after 30 something years.

Probably the best Rush show I've seen. There is no band that gives their fans that kind of entertainment so thoroughly. The ending featurette was a hoot as well. My bud who was seeing them for the first time was all grins and just said...."wow."