The English Professor

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Apr 18 2005, 02:26 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 18 2005, 08:21 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Apr 18 2005, 01:24 AM)
QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Apr 17 2005, 11:06 PM)
common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif

Cheers - my Bills fan friend - (Comrade in arms).

"The Bills got off to a slow start as the Houston offense enjoyed a 21:12 time of possession edge in the game's first 30 minutes. Houston averaged 7.3 yards per offensive play behind quarterback Warren Moon's 19 of 22 passing for 218 yards and four touchdowns - a 147.5 passer rating. At halftime, the Bills trailed the Oilers 28-3.

The second half start was no better. Fewer than two minutes into the third quarter, the Bills yielded a 58-yard interception-return touchdown and fell behind 35-3. However, with 13:15 remaining in the third quarter, the Bills embarked on the greatest comebacks in NFL history, which in 1999 was chosen by fans as the Fifth Most Memorable NFL Game of the Century in voting on NFL.com.

"

Oooh I loved this game! laugh.gif

Comeback

I remember that game very well. I remember one of my best friends coming over the next day and telling me he shut the game off at halftime...missed the entire comeback...said he didn't know anything about it til his dad called him up that night and told him about it laugh.gif

rofl3.gif I nearly did the VERY same thing........ laugh.gif

I was the one wanting to turn that game off...but my brother-in-law insisted to keep it on! ph34r.gif

What makes that game even more special is Buffalo had just gotten KILLED by Houston the week before 27-3.

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Archived