question about tickets

liddybuck01

so I still haven't purchased tickets yet for the show I'm planning on attending. my question is, as far as a site like stub hub, how do you know you're getting a good deal. like, how do you know what the "face value" of the tickets are.

also, besides ticketmaster, stub hub, and craigslist, are there any other reputable sites to get tickets from?

thanks smile.gif

You can find the face value on tickets at ticketbastard, or whatever the official site is offering tickets. Then add about 20% for bull shit fees, etc...

As for me, I'm waiting until day-of-show this time around and taking my chances. I saw them twice from 3rd row last tour, so whatever I get this time around is fine.

2.gif

The only place to get tickets at cost is from Ticketmaster or from the venue itself unless your really lucky. For the PNC show, the Ticketmaster ticketprice max was $150. With fees, it comes out to about $185.

StubHub, etc. rip you off big time. They might charge anywhere from double to ten times actual ticket price.

As for buying tickets right before the show, it can work. I recently did this for Iron Maiden as an experiment. The results:

For PNC: all seats were sold (except lawn) months ago. About a week before the show, seats started popping up on ticketmaster. All in all, between then and the show date, at least a hundred tickets were released. Roughly 48 hrs before the show, I found 3rd row seats. More were released later but not nearly as good.

For MSG: Sold out months before. Did the same as above, checking every day, several times a day. Only found 4 seats released. And only 1 on the show day (1st tier, 2nd row)

On Snakes and Arrows I got seats at MSG during the presale. 2nd tier were the best I found. On the day of the show I found 7th row flood.

Overall: Usually you can find seats a from a week before the show to day of show. Sometimes great seats. But sometimes nothing. Its a gamble, but if you check constantly you might get lucky.

Good luck

i wanna wait until the week before or so, but since we're going to Columbus from Detroit i have to book a hotel room and all. i just don't want to miss out by waiting too long.

QUOTE (NaturalScientist75 @ Jul 13 2010, 02:28 PM)
The only place to get tickets at cost is from Ticketmaster or from the venue itself unless your really lucky. For the PNC show, the Ticketmaster ticketprice max was $150. With fees, it comes out to about $185.

StubHub, etc. rip you off big time. They might charge anywhere from double to ten times actual ticket price.

As for buying tickets right before the show, it can work. I recently did this for Iron Maiden as an experiment. The results:

For PNC: all seats were sold (except lawn) months ago. About a week before the show, seats started popping up on ticketmaster. All in all, between then and the show date, at least a hundred tickets were released. Roughly 48 hrs before the show, I found 3rd row seats. More were released later but not nearly as good.

For MSG: Sold out months before. Did the same as above, checking every day, several times a day. Only found 4 seats released. And only 1 on the show day (1st tier, 2nd row)

On Snakes and Arrows I got seats at MSG during the presale. 2nd tier were the best I found. On the day of the show I found 7th row flood.

Overall: Usually you can find seats a from a week before the show to day of show. Sometimes great seats. But sometimes nothing. Its a gamble, but if you check constantly you might get lucky.

Good luck

Front row for Maiden at the PNC was released day of show

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Jul 14 2010, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (NaturalScientist75 @ Jul 13 2010, 02:28 PM)
The only place to get tickets at cost is from Ticketmaster or from the venue itself unless your really lucky.  For the PNC show, the Ticketmaster ticketprice max was $150.  With fees, it comes out to about $185.

StubHub, etc. rip you off big time.  They might charge anywhere from double to ten times actual ticket price. 

As for buying tickets right before the show, it can work.  I recently did this for Iron Maiden as an experiment.  The results:

For PNC:  all seats were sold (except lawn) months ago.  About a week before the show, seats started popping up on ticketmaster.  All in all, between then and the show date, at least a hundred tickets were released.  Roughly 48 hrs before the show, I found 3rd row seats.  More were released later but not nearly as good.

For MSG:  Sold out months before.  Did the same as above, checking every day, several times a day.  Only found 4 seats released.  And only 1 on the show day (1st tier, 2nd row)

On Snakes and Arrows I got seats at MSG during the presale.  2nd tier were the best I found.  On the day of the show I found 7th row flood.

Overall:  Usually you can find seats a from a week before the show to day of show.  Sometimes great seats.  But sometimes nothing.  Its a gamble, but if you check constantly you might get lucky.

Good luck

Front row for Maiden at the PNC was released day of show

Damn!

I kept looking all day and didn't see that one.

Probably went quick?

Did you get it?

Timing really does appear to be everything.

Thanks for the info. Based on past frustration, I've sort of studying the whole ticket thing for a few years now (although mostly only with RUSH and Maiden).