Check out Distant Signals Live

I posted 8 songs from our RUSH/Pink Floyd show last week. Check them out and leave some feedback. Please don't be ignorant or rude. We all know this material is extremely difficult to replicate, so there are timing issues and in the case of The Camera Eye, this was our first attempt at this song live, with only 2 rehearsals for practice.

I hope you enjoy the songs, and please feel free to post constructive comments. Thanks and enjoy our 2.gif attempts.

www.myspace.com/distantsignalspgh

Don - Keyboardist from Distant Signals

Edited by RUSH-2112

Quick review:

Love the KB sounds and general tone (Sample and Hold was $). Bass player is worth his weight for sure. Vocals are 50-50 and the guitar work is a bit meh at times. Drummer is solid. Nice band you got there. As far as timing goes here is the first time we ever played the song out live as well:

http://chroniclesofrush.com/media/index.cf...=The_Camera_Eye

Notice the drummer going off the rails at some point and me conveniently f***ing up the solo on the arps. But not too bad. Some misfires in the beginning as well.

As always you guys need anything let me know. I am a treasure trove of all things RUSH (music).

Play Countdown.

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jun 7 2010, 01:07 PM)
Quick review:

Love the KB sounds and general tone (Sample and Hold was $). Bass player is worth his weight for sure. Vocals are 50-50 and the guitar work is a bit meh at times. Drummer is solid. Nice band you got there. As far as timing goes here is the first time we ever played the song out live as well:

http://chroniclesofrush.com/media/index.cf...=The_Camera_Eye

Notice the drummer going off the rails at some point and me conveniently f***ing up the solo on the arps. But not too bad. Some misfires in the beginning as well.

As always you guys need anything let me know. I am a treasure trove of all things RUSH (music).

Play Countdown.

Thank you my friend. We replaced our drummer and bassist (for the better) back in February/March.

The bass player is extremely talented (notice his little diddly run at the end of Red Barchetta) and he is spot on with everything else.

The drummer is a die hard rush fanatic (almost as much as me) rofl3.gif So he knows his parts and is very TIGHT. He even did a 1:30 drum solo in the middle of YYZ.

The guitarist/vocalist needs to work on some things. He is still trying to memorize lyrics and I think he struggles on some things with vocals and trying to play his parts at the same time.

The keyboards, well I can probably do better, and yes I did make some mistakes, but with a little more practice I will be much tighter with my parts.

We have done countdown in the past. Not sure why it has taken a back seat, especially since you hooked me up with the chatter sqaulk samples. I'll see about bringing that one back.

What sample and hold were you refering to?

In Camera Eye. That sounded f***ing awesome. I do a good bit of pedal boards for the band and I use a racked computer with the ever awesome OP-X VST plug and Cubase. My S&H is 50/50. Yours was right off the album.

I might be needing some help on some sounds for The Weapon in the near future. But for now our next is going to be the "Night of the Epics".

Every 10+ minute song ever recorded (before 1982). Hemisphere's in its entirety mine friond. What a bleeding whore that song is to play but it'll give me a reason to rock the doubleneck. We'll kill it (in a good way).

Play. Countdown. Dammit.

pokey.gif

P.S. You did just fine on the boards. Remember this: I have a ton of respect for people like you and I who actually take this shit on the road. Anyone can sit in their basement. It takes balls to do this in front of hundreds of people. You keep doing what you're doing and our paths will meet soon enough.

BTW:

We just added a last minute show for the end of June. Check out the setlist and tell me if you would totally dig seeing this live:

SET ONE:

FINDING MY WAY

IN THE MOOD

BASTILLE DAY

BY-TOR & THE SNOW DOG

FLY BY NIGHT

NEED SOME LOVE

BEFORE AND AFTER

ANTHEM

CLOSER TO THE HEART

BENEATH, BETWEEN, BEHIND

LAKESIDE PARK

LESSONS

TEARS

MAKING MEMORIES

A PASSAGE TO BANGKOK

HERE AGAIN

WHAT YOU'RE DOING

WORKING MAN

SET TWO:

2112 - SHORT VERSION

THE TREES

XANADU

CIRCUMSTANCES

TOM SAWYER

RED BARCHETTA

YYZ

LIMELIGHT

SUBDIVISIONS

ENTRE NOUS

DIFFERENT STRINGS

CINDERELLA MAN

BEST I CAN

I THINK I'M GOING BALD

NATURAL SCIENCE

IN THE END

I'd be more than happy to help you with any samples you might need, or sounds from my keyboards.

Your right. I have the utmost respect for you as well. It does take ballz to even attempt this stuff, let alone pull it off and make it sound good.

Kudos to you and your crew. Keep on rockin 2.gif

If your ever in Pittsburgh, lets hookup and jam or hang-out or whatever. Heck, lets book a show together 1022.gif

Hey I'm game for the double booking. We'll play all the old stuff and you guys can rip through the newer stuff. We were trying to do that with "another" RUSH band in the Chicagoland area but it turns out they are a wild pack of dicks. After all I'd hate to come on after me too! HAHA! <---kidding...sorta.

QUOTE (ChroniclesOfRush @ Jun 7 2010, 02:06 PM)
BTW:

We just added a last minute show for the end of June. Check out the setlist and tell me if you would totally dig seeing this live:

SET ONE:
FINDING MY WAY
IN THE MOOD
BASTILLE DAY
BY-TOR & THE SNOW DOG
FLY BY NIGHT
NEED SOME LOVE
BEFORE AND AFTER
ANTHEM
CLOSER TO THE HEART
BENEATH, BETWEEN, BEHIND
LAKESIDE PARK
LESSONS
TEARS
MAKING MEMORIES
A PASSAGE TO BANGKOK
HERE AGAIN
WHAT YOU'RE DOING
WORKING MAN

SET TWO:
2112 - SHORT VERSION
THE TREES
XANADU
CIRCUMSTANCES
TOM SAWYER
RED BARCHETTA
YYZ
LIMELIGHT
SUBDIVISIONS
ENTRE NOUS
DIFFERENT STRINGS
CINDERELLA MAN
BEST I CAN
I THINK I'M GOING BALD
NATURAL SCIENCE
IN THE END

That's a kick-ass show for sure. Here are the ones I would most like to hear:

SET ONE:

BENEATH, BETWEEN, BEHIND

LESSONS

TEARS

MAKING MEMORIES

A PASSAGE TO BANGKOK

SET TWO:

ENTRE NOUS

DIFFERENT STRINGS

I THINK I'M GOING BALD

IN THE END

Don't get me wrong. The other songs are good as well, but being a keyboard player, I am stuck in the 80's 90's era of Rush when the synth was heavy and prominent. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif