Pawn stars...

Slacker

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Feb 23 2010, 11:48 AM)
I grew up in Vegas ('69-'90) and used to hang out at that Pawn Shop prior to them owning it. Wikipedia states they started the shop in 1988, but that's not exactly true. You can't just *start* a pawn shop in Las Vegas. There are limited and set numbers of licenses in Vegas (unless that's since changed). The shop they're in opened in 1981 and was owned and operated by a friend of my dad's until selling it to "The Old Man" and Rick. I used to go there all the time because my dad (who died this past Christmas) used to collect guns and he'd take me around to all his favorite shops before and after school. Likely I've been in there the first couple years the Pawn Stars crew has owned it, but my specific memories are earlier than that. Seeing I was collecting guitars from '87-'90, it's very likely I'd been back in after my dad's friend sold the business, although I don't remember or recognize these guys specifically.

I left Vegas in 1990, but when I first saw Pawn Stars I immediately recognized the sign on the side of the building and parking lot next to the building.

Spent a lot of time there. smile.gif

trink39.gif

Cool story......

QUOTE (RushNut @ Feb 23 2010, 02:44 PM)
The show is a trip and I love watching it but I have to say I'm getting a little tired of every episode hearing Rick say:

"I really want to have the (insert item here) in my shop, but before I make an offer I need to call in a buddy of mine to take a look at it".

Hehe, I've only seen the show like three times and he has said that each time.

I prefer shows like Modern Marvels etc., but I also like Ax Men (I don't know why) and occasionally I indulge in some Ice Road Truckers. ph34r.gif

Antiques Roadshow is better than Pawn Stars, imo.