Work out help...

Alsgalpal

Ok, is there anyone here that knows anything about working out? I know Barn does, but he is very busy lately.

I resumed my work outs. I did the interval work out, where I run lightly for about 3 laps, then I run like hell for one lap. I use a tread mill, and I want to know, if the laps are 1/4 mile? What are they? And whats the difference between regular calories and fat calories??? Help.

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Mar 15 2005, 02:48 PM)
Ok, is there anyone here that knows anything about working out? I know Barn does, but he is very busy lately.

I resumed my work outs. I did the interval work out, where I run lightly for about 3 laps, then I run like hell for one lap. I use a tread mill, and I want to know, if the laps are 1/4 mile? What are they? And whats the difference between regular calories and fat calories??? Help.

confused13.gif

Let me try to give this one a shot:

Any interval excercises are very good for burning muscle and losing fat, in a short period of time. The idea is that you work your heart so your body not only burns calories when you excercise, but you burn at a sitting state as well. This in turn helps keep your metoblism up. Therefore you have to keep eating (that's right). Eat small portions of good food throughout the day, lunch being the biggest, dinner and breakfast being the smallest. There are also two small snacks in between.

As for the measurements in the tread mill - I think it varies. I honestly am not sure because I'm not a huge fan of those things.

Calories from fat: http://plg.uwaterloo.ca/~acm00/030927/A.html

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Mar 15 2005, 03:42 PM)
Thanks Sweets.

But, I am as confused as ever as far as the fat calories thingy. How many do you have to burn before you lose?

It's not how many calories you burn per se, it's how much fat you have respect to your muscle (BMI). Sometimes burning too many calories ain't a good thing either.

http://www.fatwars.com

This guy is my hero. Read what he has to say.

Archived