Batman: Arkham Asylum

The Owl

I picked this up last week.... I've already logged several hours into this thing and am still not done yet (though I have done ALOT of the Riddler challenges as well). Though I think I am just about done

This is the best superhero game ever... It is so fun.. Stealth/Action is a great genera for batman... getting to use his gadgets is great.......

For those who care consider a spoiler warning from here on in.......

The Story is great, character designs are awesome, and level design is top-knotch! There are some tense moments in the game and some really cool moments as well.... The Scarecrow bits are amazing....

The game plays very similar to the Metroid series.... as in you progress through the game by obtaining new gadgets and gear letting you reach places previously unreachable....

This game is incredible... play it.

Beat the game!!! Very cool...

I loved the gameplay the fighting was very fluid, the stealth elements were awesome..

(Spoilers Follow)

My biggest gripe was the secondhand boss fights... out of all the Villians the game has, the only one that you fight directly is Poision Ivy

-Bane was a joke, and was nothing more than a titan enhanced (Those who are playing through the game know what Im talking about) joker goon.

-You never really fought Scarecrow, but his fright gas sequences (3 of them) were some of the best parts of the game... but there is no actual "boss fight" in the normal sense, and he winds up (spoiler) being taken out by Killer Croc

- I was really disspointed by there being no Killer Croc fight... the part of the game where you encounter Croc you are basically trying to avoid him while completing a specific objective.... there is no fight really... nothing more than running from him and throwing a batarang at him to briefly avoid him.... I would have loved a big fight here but sadly there is none.

- Zsasz acted nothing more as a tutorial boss twice in the game... here is how you do this..... here is your test.... not really a boss at all.... but he was a good plot element at best.

- There was no fight at all with Harley Quinn... all she did was throw 3 waves at goons at you once you defeated them you deal the final blow in a damn cutscene.

- The Final Battle with the Joker was kind of a let down as well... It came in two parts... the first encounter has you thrown into a room with a huge number of henchmen, including two "Venom enhanced" henchmen... once you defeat those Joker injects himself with the venom and becomes a "Super Joker"... this could have been epic... instead they make the enhanced joker impossible to attack and instead, guess what? You wind up fighting even more goons... you defeat Joker by pulling him down from a catwalk with your grappling gun... in a 3 times repeated process... and then like with Harley Quinn the final blow to the joker is done in another f***ing cutscene!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen this game is easily a 5 star game... the story was great.......The Voice acting was exceptional (And for anyone who was a child in the early 90s, such as myself, the voices of Kevin Conroy, and Mark Hammil as Batman and Joker respectively are going to be thrilled by defalt)......exploring arkham island is stellar.......Getting to use Batmans gadgets is like playing in an awesome kick ass toy store..........Hell I still have not finished all the Riddler Puzzles, and collected all the trophies yet, so I still have more to do. The challenge mode as fun... Stealth...yada yada yada..

Everything about this game was great... minus the boss encounters, a big... but not too big of a detraction... and really the ONE area that needs tweeking.. if a sequel is to come out.

Brilliant game. I was a big fan of The Animated Series, so hearing Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Arleen Sorkin et al reprising their roles is fantastic. Heath Ledger was good, but Hamill owns The Joker 1022.gif

Gameplay's terrific fun, a good mix of stealth and fighting. The detective elements work really well, and the story's great. Arkham Asylum is probably my favourite gaming environment since BioShock, too.

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Sep 2 2009, 04:37 AM)
Brilliant game. I was a big fan of The Animated Series, so hearing Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Arleen Sorkin et al reprising their roles is fantastic. Heath Ledger was good, but Hamill owns The Joker 1022.gif

Gameplay's terrific fun, a good mix of stealth and fighting. The detective elements work really well, and the story's great. Arkham Asylum is probably my favourite gaming environment since BioShock, too.

That's a very glowing review willow. If I didn't already have about 10 games to "catch up" on between PS3 and 360 I would certainly check that out.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Sep 2 2009, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (willowroolz @ Sep 2 2009, 04:37 AM)
Brilliant game. I was a big fan of The Animated Series, so hearing Kevin Conroy, Mark Hamill, Arleen Sorkin et al reprising their roles is fantastic. Heath Ledger was good, but Hamill owns The Joker  1022.gif

That's a very glowing review willow. If I didn't already have about 10 games to "catch up" on between PS3 and 360 I would certainly check that out.

trink39.gif

It's definitely one to add to your list, matey trink39.gif

Archived