Rebuilding my catalog...

OldRod

I'm trying to finish out my catalog of Rush albums. I originally had the early stuff on vinyl, then 8-track, then cassette... my final cassette player finally gave out and I need to get them on CD now I guess.

Either that, or download them. Anyone know a place I can buy older Rush albums (legally) without a bunch of DRM embedded in them?

QUOTE (OldRod @ Mar 25 2009, 11:15 AM)
I'm trying to finish out my catalog of Rush albums. I originally had the early stuff on vinyl, then 8-track, then cassette... my final cassette player finally gave out and I need to get them on CD now I guess.

Either that, or download them. Anyone know a place I can buy older Rush albums (legally) without a bunch of DRM embedded in them?

Not sure what DRM is, but I recommend getting stuff from Amazon.com. I've built almost my entire Rush collection from that....DRMs or not!

Good luck..!

(I also don't have a problem buying used stuff that's like new either and that would help out...)

DRM is basically copy protection - keeps you from moving music to another computer, burning to a CD, etc. depending on the particular vendor.

I've never downloaded music from Amazon - do they restrict how you can use it?

Rush CDs are on sale at Amazon, cheap, something like $6.99 each...buy then from there.

Do not download, have the CD then rip it to your computer. That way you have the item, the booklets and you are DRM free!

QUOTE (djb @ Mar 25 2009, 11:43 AM)
Rush CDs are on sale at Amazon, cheap, something like $6.99 each...buy then from there.

Do not download, have the CD then rip it to your computer. That way you have the item, the booklets and you are DRM free!

This.

1022.gif Dude...be a true nonconformist and replace the entire catalog on 8 track. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Mar 25 2009, 02:12 PM)
1022.gif Dude...be a true nonconformist and replace the entire catalog on 8 track. 1022.gif

I already own the first 4 albums on 8 track... I just have nothing to play them in smile.gif

Archived