Gabble Ratchet

Mystic Slipperman

Hey folks

I know there are at least a FEW Rush fans here who are also Genesis fans, so I thought I'd start a thread about one of my ongoing projects.

Since 2000 I have been playing keyboards in different Genesis tribute bands in Southern California:

Supernatural Anaesthetists -> Cinema Show: 2000 through 2003

Gabble Ratchet: 2005 to the present

Actually, Gabble now has 3/5 of one of the Supernaturals/Cinema Show's lineup, so in effect we have had some "full circle" action.

We are heavy in rehearsals for Saturday night's big show in North Hollywood. We are playing the entire FOXTROT album plus a bunch of other Genesis classics. Generally, we concentrate on the 70s era (with and without Peter Gabriel) although we do sprinkle in tunes from Duke onwards as well.

Saturday's show is at least a 2 hour affair, so we are busy. It's going to be a very enjoyable show for band and audience alike. Wish more of you lived out this way!!!

--Matt

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Sep 17 2008, 10:13 AM)
I'll be there! smile.gif

Hooray! YAY!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!

I get to meet you!

(Tasia jumps up and down on her desk in glee)

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Sep 21 2008, 10:08 AM)
What a great show! Glad I got to meet you and Imperatrix, too. Can't wait for the next show!

It was so great to meet you, doll! I haven't shared laughter like that with a woman in a long time. Thanks so very much for being there, and I'm happy you enjoyed the show.

You are the first TRF person I've met (other than the people who have come over here from Yesfans.com), and I'll never forget that! heart.gif

QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Sep 21 2008, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Sep 21 2008, 10:08 AM)
What a great show!  Glad I got to meet you and Imperatrix, too.  Can't wait for the next show!

It was so great to meet you, doll! I haven't shared laughter like that with a woman in a long time. Thanks so very much for being there, and I'm happy you enjoyed the show.

You are the first TRF person I've met (other than the people who have come over here from Yesfans.com), and I'll never forget that! heart.gif

We'll have to meet up again soon! trink39.gif