computer troubles :(

JoenataArctica

Everytime i try to open a My Document folder, ex: My Computer, My Documents, My Music...etc. it pops up with a Runtime error c+++ about explorer.exe file and then my explorer goes away and pops back up in a minute. can anyone tell me what is causing this and a possibly solution. its getting to a point where i want to introduce my laptop to the tires of my car.

A runtime error usually means one of three things; your system memory is full, your registry is corrupt, or you have some type of virus.

I'm willing to bet that it's a registry issue and we can start by cleaning up your registry first.

1) Download this zip file from my server.

2)Extract the files within the zip file to a clean/new folder on your computer.

3) Double Click the "EasyClea.exe" program (run it or install it, either is fine)

4) Click "Registry"

5) Click "Find" , it will scan your registry and find all errors

6) When it's finished click "Select All" then click "Save"

7) Save the html file to your computer where you saved the original zip file. Name this file with todays date so we know. This is a backup file that will be used if the registry cleanup goes wrong (very important!!)

8) Now click "Delete All". This will delete all those bad entries in the registry.

9) Restart Your Computer

Try to make the problem happen again. If it does and your sure you followed the directions above then we will try something else.

Let me know how it goes.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 12 2008, 10:13 AM)

Try to make the problem happen again. If it does and your sure you followed the directions above then we will try something else.
Let me know how it goes.

so far after doing that, its running fine again, and actually a little smoother.

thanks a bunch for the help ! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (JoenataArctica @ Sep 12 2008, 09:10 AM)

Let me know how it goes.

so far after doing that, its running fine again, and actually a little smoother.

You're welcome.

Cleaning the registry is something everyone should do about once every 2 months on a heavily used computer.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 12 2008, 12:19 PM)

Let me know how it goes.

You're welcome.

Cleaning the registry is something everyone should do about once every 2 months on a heavily used computer.

I concur with the above statement. I recommend a tag team of Wise Registry Cleaner and the registry cleaner in CCleaner.

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Sep 12 2008, 03:39 PM)

Let me know how it goes.

You're welcome.

I concur with the above statement. I recommend a tag team of Wise Registry Cleaner and the registry cleaner in CCleaner.

I was just going to ask about CCleaner's registry feature. How does this compare to the instructions given at the top of this thread?

QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 13 2008, 08:46 AM)

Let me know how it goes.

You're welcome.

I was just going to ask about CCleaner's registry feature. How does this compare to the instructions given at the top of this thread?

The Ccleaner Registry cleaner is pretty simple really. It will prompt you to create a backup file to save to your drive before it commences fixing the files (After you click "Fix Issues".

Then it will go thru each file and explain why it is corrupted or not needed and tells you what to do (usually delete it.) Or you can select the option to fix all of them at once.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 13 2008, 12:21 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Sep 13 2008, 08:46 AM)

Let me know how it goes.

You're welcome.

The Ccleaner Registry cleaner is pretty simple really. It will prompt you to create a backup file to save to your drive before it commences fixing the files (After you click "Fix Issues".

Then it will go thru each file and explain why it is corrupted or not needed and tells you what to do (usually delete it.) Or you can select the option to fix all of them at once.

Exactly. I'm good with the ccleaner function for the registry and use it very often. But Launch's recommendation was to run something else that doesn't seem to be Ccleaner, and RRL said to run Wise Registry Cleaner in addition to CCleaner. So I'm wondering what the differences are.

trink39.gif

Archived