Ice Road Truckers

Mara

I must say I got quite hooked on last season. Some of the drivers were posting over on the History Channel boards and it was interesting to get their perspective as compared to what was seen on the broadcast.

Will anyone else be watching? (I know the Canadians won't get it until later in the year - )

<SPOILER ALERT>

From what I gathered they changed locations for season two. No longer will they be profiling the lives and times of truckers driving the ice road to the diamond mines but instead will be focusing on truckers that drive the routes up in the arctic on the Beaufort Sea.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 7 2008, 08:51 PM)
<SPOILER ALERT>

From what I gathered they changed locations for season two. No longer will they be profiling the lives and times of truckers driving the ice road to the diamond mines but instead will be focusing on truckers that drive the routes up in the arctic on the Beaufort Sea.

Being as you work at Diavik, maybe you might know something about this. . .

According to some folks on the aforementioned thread, a number of people were none too happy about the final production and the way it was edited, and History Channel was told "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".

If that's true, and the location has changed, the two might be related.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 7 2008, 08:19 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 7 2008, 08:51 PM)
<SPOILER ALERT>

Being as you work at Diavik, maybe you might know something about this. . .

According to some folks on the aforementioned thread, a number of people were none too happy about the final production and the way it was edited, and History Channel was told "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out".

If that's true, and the location has changed, the two might be related.

The local paper in Yellowknife reported that the trucking company/s and the company that handles and manages the iceroad thought the liability of having a cameraperson and gear in the cab was too great and also a huge distraction for the drivers.

I believe the decision wasn't very popular amongst the locals.

Oh well, what can you do.......right? confused13.gif

By the way....I'm at Diavik right now and I can wait to get the F**K outa here!!! wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif

I got hooked on this show as well. I guess the new season starts tonight? I like the asshole guy - Bear. I don't know why, he just makes me laugh how tough he is. I think the new location is 1,000 miles north of the last season and they will be driving on the frozen ocean, rather than a lake.