Name those Rush Tunes

rickyrob

Some of our older members (not in age), will remember the series of "Name that Rush Tune" Games originally started by Moonraker, in which a set of 10 very short snippets of 2.gif songs are put together and you guess the tunes.

The last thread on this has taken a new guise, but I want to start up the game again.

I can put together the tunes (I have freeware to do it).

All I need is:

1. People to let me know if they are interested in playing,

2. How to post the link to the file containing the 'medley' - Admins... smile.gif

3. I will submit the first prize, but need others to pledge future prizes (like a boot or something)

Anyone game?

Definitely in! smile.gif I wasn't around for Moonraker doing this, but I know they do something like this on CP -- Zo's Name That Rush tune. I played that, and it was fun. I'd love to do this kind of thing again on TRF! biggrin.gif

I just have one question. I noticed you titled the thread "Name THOSE Rush Tunes". Does that mean it'll be one whole montage of 15 different clips and we have to guess all of them correct? Or will it be individual clips that are one song each. My assumption is the latter, but I'm just asking, anyhow.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Mar 17 2008, 11:44 PM)
Definitely in! smile.gif I wasn't around for Moonraker doing this, but I know they do something like this on CP -- Zo's Name That Rush tune. I played that, and it was fun. I'd love to do this kind of thing again on TRF! biggrin.gif

I just have one question. I noticed you titled the thread "Name THOSE Rush Tunes". Does that mean it'll be one whole montage of 15 different clips and we have to guess all of them correct? Or will it be individual clips that are one song each. My assumption is the latter, but I'm just asking, anyhow.

Its a single clip, which will be 8 seconds long, comprising 10 x 0.8 second snippets all put together as one.

It used to be 0.75 seconds each, but it became a bit too difficult, and the problem is, people lose interest. 0.05 seconds might not seem like a lot of extra time, but it does make quite a difference.

I called it "Name those Rush Tunes" because I started a thread, which I think was asking when the next one was going to be, about two years ago, but that thread has evolved into a pictures game, so I didn't want to confuse.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Mar 18 2008, 06:19 AM)
Despite the apparent lack of interest, I'll give it a go.

It may be a couple of weeks. trink39.gif

A couple of weeks??? ohmy.gif I can't wait that long! fists crying.gif

Chop, Chop! wink.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Mar 18 2008, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Mar 18 2008, 06:19 AM)
Despite the apparent lack of interest, I'll give it a go.

It may be a couple of weeks. trink39.gif

A couple of weeks??? ohmy.gif I can't wait that long! fists crying.gif

Chop, Chop! wink.gif

I'm only saying that because I have to sort it all out yet. I've PMd RR to see what he thinks. I have to sort out how to post the link to the tunes and a prize too.

It may be a lot earlier.. smile.gif

QUOTE (Sticklah @ Apr 6 2008, 01:38 AM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 17 2008, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 17 2008, 10:58 PM)
I'll give it a go, guess wise. smile.gif I won't be able to make one, though...

Same. cool.gif

Me too.

The first one already happened.

There is a link to a fun one in my post above smile.gif