This sucks

RushRevisited

Well I know what you guys are going through, I remember all to well from my days of being in the Chicago area! Best thing to do is just get in the car and drive!! Clear out behind your tires and go! No really that how ya do it!

2 weeks after we moved here to SWMO we got 13 inches of snow. There were 2 guys across the street trying to get out, they were having no luck at all and were blowing up their transmission. Finally I got sick of watching them and went out to tell them how to do it. Well these good ol boys didnt want to listen to some girl and blew me off. So my Mom and I being the cool women we were went out, got in the car, backed out of our unshoveled drive and took off leaving the good ol boys looking on in disbelieve. We went to the store for some good snacks came home, pulled in and watched them still stuck in their driveway. They finally got out but it only took them close to 3 hours. Sometimes you just got to get in the car and drive it no matter how much snow is there.

QUOTE (pixey @ Dec 24 2004, 09:26 AM)
Well I know what you guys are going through, I remember all to well from my days of being in the Chicago area! Best thing to do is just get in the car and drive!! Clear out behind your tires and go! No really that how ya do it!
2 weeks after we moved here to SWMO we got 13 inches of snow. There were 2 guys across the street trying to get out, they were having no luck at all and were blowing up their transmission. Finally I got sick of watching them and went out to tell them how to do it. Well these good ol boys didnt want to listen to some girl and blew me off. So my Mom and I being the cool women we were went out, got in the car, backed out of our unshoveled drive and took off leaving the good ol boys looking on in disbelieve. We went to the store for some good snacks came home, pulled in and watched them still stuck in their driveway. They finally got out but it only took them close to 3 hours. Sometimes you just got to get in the car and drive it no matter how much snow is there.

Normally I would agree - I actually don't usually even shovel my driveway. This stuff, though - there was no way to get out - trust me

QUOTE (bardan @ Dec 24 2004, 02:16 AM)
I feel for ya RR! Oh wait, no I don't, I live 20 minutes from you! laugh.gif This was definitely a crazy storm. Ice...snow...more ice then more snow! The snow amounts varied from 12-14 inches all the way up to 31" a little northwest of here in Indiana. Took me half the day to shovel myself out since I had to do it by myself. I did it during a few intervals because it was wearing me out. That was some of the heaviest stuff I've ever shoveled, definitely heart attack snow. Finally made it out and picked up some food, liquor and movies. biggrin.gif trink38.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif And when you finally got out of your driveway, you didn't come over here and help me!??!? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dude, you and I need to go have a drink together - SOON. It has been TOO long. trink39.gif

Archived