Cross Canadiag Ragweed

The Owl

Anyone else heard of this great band? They are a very heavy what I would describe as a "metal country" They are out of Oaklohoma, and are really big in Texas as well. They are one of the pioneer groups of "Red Dirt" music, along with other artists such as Robert Earl Keen, Todd Snider, and Jerry Jeff Walker.

My faviorate song of theirs is called "Dimebag" that is about Darrels death as well as the death of Kurt Cobain (2nd Verse) here is a clip of the song

I seriously reccomend this band.

Never heard of them. The vid you linked was so terrible in terms of sound that I picked a different one and gave it a listen. Kind of like Bush (the band) meets Bocephus. Has more of a grunge feel than heavy. Southern Nirvannbees.

Not really my bag, but if they were coming to town and the tickets were cheap, I might give them a chance.

(Nice play on the name too: CCR. I wonder if Credence will sue them like they did Fogarty?)

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Jun 20 2007, 06:02 AM)
Never heard of them. The vid you linked was so terrible in terms of sound that I picked a different one and gave it a listen. Kind of like Bush (the band) meets Bocephus. Has more of a grunge feel than heavy. Southern Nirvannbees.

Not really my bag, but if they were coming to town and the tickets were cheap, I might give them a chance.

(Nice play on the name too: CCR. I wonder if Credence will sue them like they did Fogarty?)

Yeah there are other youtube videos that are better quality, but not of that paricular song though. If you get a chance to see them do so, they are really a dance hall band so tickets will probably be Under 20 dollars.

As far as the CCR thing Ragweed formed its Names from the members surnames Cody Canada frotman/vocalist/lead guitarist , drummer Randy Ragsdale, rhythm guitarist Grady Cross. The bassist for the group is Jermey Plato

Here's a music video of them playing one of thier more popular songs "Fighting For"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuY4MkwWURs

MUCH NEEDED BUMP!

I have been on a Ragweed fix as of late...the new album "Happines and all the other things" is so f***ing good.... a great improvement over "Mission California" which was kind of disappointing

Archived