Anyone Else Notice The Mistake on ASOH

PeartInTraining

QUOTE (Signal @ Jun 10 2007, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Jun 8 2007, 10:51 PM)
I was at a show in New Orleans years ago (probably the Counterparts show, I really can't remember) where Alex's wireless hookup stopped working and we couldn't hear his guitar anymore.
He's strumming along, realizes there's a problem, looks down at the guitar then over at his tech and makes a "WTF?" gesture at him. The guy comes running up and the two of them are twiddling with knobs and shit for about a full minute before the sound comes back up.

I was at that show! It was in the New Orleans Lakefront Arena and, if memory serves me well, Candlebox opened for Rush that night. Awesome show! I remember the incident with Alex's wireless going out. At least it proved to my nutjob friend that the band wasn't lipsyncing. tongue.gif

A similar thing happened at Presto in Cincinnati. During the beginning of Xanadu, Alex's guitar made no sound at all. Guitar tech jumped on the stage, messed with Alex's wireless, and nothing helped. So they switched guitars, and the 2nd guitar had the same problem! They got it fixed shortly after. If I remember correctly, he ended up playing the rest of the song on the 6-string that the doubleneck was swapped out for.

QUOTE (Signal @ Jun 10 2007, 04:51 PM)
QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Jun 8 2007, 10:51 PM)
I was at a show in New Orleans years ago (probably the Counterparts show, I really can't remember) where Alex's wireless hookup stopped working and we couldn't hear his guitar anymore.
He's strumming along, realizes there's a problem, looks down at the guitar then over at his tech and makes a "WTF?" gesture at him. The guy comes running up and the two of them are twiddling with knobs and shit for about a full minute before the sound comes back up.

I was at that show! It was in the New Orleans Lakefront Arena and, if memory serves me well, Candlebox opened for Rush that night. Awesome show! I remember the incident with Alex's wireless going out. At least it proved to my nutjob friend that the band wasn't lipsyncing. tongue.gif

Well I'll be dipped in shit, it's a small world after all. smile.gif

And you're right, Candlebox did open for them. I remember the singer reminiscing about when he bought Permanent Waves and had said to himself to the effct; "This is the f*cking shit."

Edited by Ghost of a Rider

QUOTE (mortkort @ Jun 9 2007, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (PeartInTraining @ Jun 9 2007, 03:08 PM)
QUOTE (dakota2112 @ Jun 8 2007, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (PeartInTraining @ Jun 8 2007, 01:37 PM)
True but around the time of 1988 when ASOH was filmed he tended to use his "Hentor Sportscaster" throughout most of the concert, wheres when RIR was filmed he used a variety of different guitars.

I disagree... 1988 was during Alex's stint with the Signature guitar brand, wasn't it?

Yh thats the guitars i was refering too. They were called Hentor Sportscasters. 2.gif

I think.

this is a Hentor replica:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/pet...ars/Hentor9.jpg

this is a signature:

http://www.geocities.com/signatureguitar/alex02.jpg

He used the signature on ASOH, not the Hentor

What do i know im just a drummer. laugh.gif

I apologise for my error, to me they look very similar. Oh well. 2.gif

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Jun 9 2007, 08:20 AM)
no the sportscasters were around Signals and GUP I thought...

He also used them as early as Moving Pictures. But yes, ASOH is played on a Signature. Three of them I think. trink38.gif