Digitech RP80 setting for Lifeson?

jdouglas

I know it's not a great piece of equipment, but I've been downsizing lately, and needed a practice room multi-effect....

So does anyone have some useful patches - not just random opinons on this thing?

Basically I'm using the British Stack S5 amp modeling, humbucker setting, higher mid range in the EQ, moderately heavy chorus C3-C4, analog delay of 400 mms at 25% feedback level 15, H3 hall reverb. Level in the 30's to keep a smooth transition to a dry or clean chorus tone in the 70s. I'm down to this and the Original Crybaby (aint givin that up yet)

Any useful insights? (aside from "get yourself some real gear ya #%@")

I dont have alot of time to mess with this thing, so I was hoping someone found a good tone (77-85 lifeson?)

There is a patch blog here, but it's very lame....

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/guitar_v...2&patch_id=6892

Thanks for any "semi-pro" help......JD

Pickup/Wah Type SH

Compressor Off

Amp/Cab S5

EQ Bass 6

EQ Mid 8

EQ Treble 6

Noise Gate/Swell 3

Chorus/Mod C3

Delay A2-40s

Reverb H3

Expression Pedal Volume

I had an RP100 and I couldn't coax a good early Alex sound out of it but it got close to the GUP era tone with the chorus and delay turned on. It also helps to run it into an amp where you can depend on a speaker and amp EQ to help you.

Ya same....RP100 here. I find channel 16 is probably your best bet (I think it's the same on the 80). Add some delay and some reverb. It doesn't sound too bad at all.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ May 31 2007, 06:30 PM)
Ya same....RP100 here. I find channel 16 is probably your best bet (I think it's the same on the 80). Add some delay and some reverb. It doesn't sound too bad at all.

That thing has a cool harmonizer on it. And it will step you down a half or full step without tuning! It was a cool little box for the money.

i think i had a rp100 too, nice little box indeed. got some pretty nice sounds out of it.

edit: i checked, it was a rp200, still a nice box!

Edited by mortkort

Thanks for the feedback. I play thru a mini marshall, until my gf yells, then I use the headphones..haha

The chorus and phaser hold up OK at the low levels (below 3 maybe 4) but after that it gets cheesy. Using the pedal for gain is a nice touch too.

I have not messed with too many of the amp settings, guess I should expreiment more..

I was hoping someone had some insight on delay mms he favored or EQ settings...etc..

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/5b/a5/pr-Amplifiers-Marshall_2-Channel_Combo_Guitar_Amplifier_10_Watts_MG10CD-resized200.jpg

I recently read that his EQ settings are heavy on the highs and bass and moderate mids but my personal experience has been heavy on the highs and mids and moderate bass. Then again, when I've posted recordings of myself playing, I got comments to add more bass so......... unsure.gif

Try it both ways and see for yourself.