Tips on preparing for pre-sale

OldRod

Ok, this Thursday ... oops, just double-checked... tomorrow the ticket pre-sale starts for the venue where I want to see Rush. And then in a couple days (Saturday last I heard) Ticketmaster starts selling them. I'm trying to get ready to help minimize problems others have posted about here and give myself the best chance at good tickets.

I think I'm registered at MusicToday but I hear people have had problems. Is there any way I can check to make sure I'm registered everywhere I need to be?

Do I have to register in advance for Ticketmaster? How do I find out for sure when they go on sale? The Rush site originally listed April 14, which is Saturday, but now it only shows the pre-sale and Ticketmaster doesn't show a date when they go on sale that I can find.

I want to be ready to pounce smile.gif

>Do I have to register in advance for Ticketmaster?

Yes, go there, make an account and get all your info in there (credit card #, etc).

Here's what I did:

Signed in 15 minutes beforehand into the site and keep the session active by clicking a link every minute or so. When the sales time kicks in, you're already authenticated/logged in, all you have to do is search and purchase.

You can purchase quickly because you don't have to enter your visa # billing address etc.

Also, if you dont get good seats day 1, keep trying the next couple days. I got the center on the 1st section at Virginia Beach 3 days after they went on sale! (even tho that section showed sold out to me for those 3 days) biggrin.gif

Good Luck.

Thanks for the tip. Does anyone know for sure when tickets for Kansas City go on sale with Ticketmaster? Originally it was 4/14, but now that the pre-sale has moved up 2 days, I can't find a date for TM.

*edit* Never mind, I'm an idiot - it shows it on the TM list now. Still 4/14 smile.gif

Typically TM is 10am for ticket start (eastern). Yes - if you preregister, saves time for billing & address (I choose email tickets - cheap and quick).

And yes on the other point, I got Orchestra row H (albeit off to the side) 5 days after the sale (pairs were still on lawn, but various singles were available).

GOOD LUCK!

the main thing with the pre-sale is don't give up, I went on for Charlotte tix at 10:15 and it said there was no level 1 seats available, but I tried back a few minutes later and pulled up 14th row, I heard alot of the same stories.

Archived