Kevin Smith and the View Askew thread

The Owl

I love this guy and have all his movies (That are Canon to Clerks i.e set in the Viewaskewineverse) My vaviorate is probably Dogma. This guy is a great filmmaker and I strongly recomend for those who have not seen his films to go and see them.

Snoochie Boochies..........

I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan! My favorite is the original "Clerks."

I just read a library book about Smith and his films, "An Askew View." Good reading. I also read Smith's online account of Jason Mewes's battle with heroin, and Smith's part in trying to get him clean; it's interesting reading.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 19 2007, 05:59 AM)
I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan! My favorite is the original "Clerks."

I just read a library book about Smith and his films, "An Askew View." Good reading. I also read Smith's online account of Jason Mewes's battle with heroin, and Smith's part in trying to get him clean; it's interesting reading.

where would this be found if you don't mind sharing?

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 19 2007, 09:14 PM)
I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan!  My favorite is the original "Clerks."

I just read a library book about Smith and his films, "An Askew View."  Good reading.  I also read Smith's online account of Jason Mewes's battle with heroin, and Smith's part in trying to get him clean; it's interesting reading.

Kevin Smith typed a nine-part story about Jason Mewes's history with heroin addiction, and his (Smith's) efforts to help him get cleaned-up, on his blog. It's called "Me and My Shadow."

It's long, so if you're going to read it, you should be interested in the subject of drug dependence or VERY interested in the people involved in the story.

Here it is:

Part one

Part two

Part three

Part four

Part five

Part six

Part seven

Part eight

Part nine

Enjoy.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 20 2007, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 19 2007, 09:14 PM)
I'm a huge Kevin Smith fan!  My favorite is the original "Clerks."

I just read a library book about Smith and his films, "An Askew View."  Good reading.  I also read Smith's online account of Jason Mewes's battle with heroin, and Smith's part in trying to get him clean; it's interesting reading.

Kevin Smith typed a nine-part story about Jason Mewes's history with heroin addiction, and his (Smith's) efforts to help him get cleaned-up, on his blog. It's called "Me and My Shadow."

It's long, so if you're going to read it, you should be interested in the subject of drug dependence or VERY interested in the people involved in the story.

Here it is:

Part one

Part two

Part three

Part four

Part five

Part six

Part seven

Part eight

Part nine

Enjoy.

Cool. Thanks. I'm a huge fan of his and both subjects do interest me, so it should be an easy read. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Schro @ Mar 20 2007, 07:59 PM)
Just finished the Smith-Mewes story. Wow.

Very good read - thanks GeddyRulez

No prob. trink39.gif

I enjoyed it, too. It's typical of the stories we've heard of heroin addiction, the well-meaning friend(s) who try to help the addict, and the addict's frequent lies to loved ones about his usage.

It made for interesting reading, and I really related to Smith's concern for his friend. Unfortunately, there's very little you can do to help an addict recover; the addict has to help himself.

That was awesome. yes.gif

Just finished reading it. It was tough to stop, but I had to go to work and eat every now and then.

Heroin addiction hits close to home for me. I had a brother (actually cousin, but more a brother), who lost the battle. This was tough to read in parts cause it was so familiar.

I'm glad Jason won. yes.gif

If you are a big Kevin Smith fan, I reccomend that if you are an iTunes user that you subscribe to his podcast......SModcast! featuring him and his producer Scott Mosier.

It's free.

If you are not an iTunes user you can also download it normally, or open an audio stream.

Here.

Smodcast: Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier