Who was best LIVE Kiss drummer?

the masked drummer

Who was the best LIVE drummer Kiss had?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best LIVE drummer Kiss had?

• Peter Criss
    • Eric Carr
    • Eric Singer

My respect goes out to all three, so I had to make it specific to show performance only. Please feel free to talk about your all-around fav, or studio fav, etc...

I liked Peter for his signature Kiss sound he brought. I liked Singer cuz he is such a pro player (an awesome hired gun). But imho Eric Carr played the most amazing Kiss drum solo ever live in '85, plus he was just an entertaining guy to watch jam out. I really miss him. I would rate Eric Singer a close 2nd for this poll.

I saw Kiss three times in the 70's...original line-up...make up on. Peter Criss was adequate...but nothing special. Having never seen Carr or Singer in person, I can only comment on what I've seen on video. IMO, Carr was only marginally better that Peter Criss, and that is ONLY because he had a rock background, as opposed to swing/big-band, as was Peter's. Eric Singer, on the other hand, smokes them both.

QUOTE (MrHands @ Oct 29 2006, 04:16 PM)
I saw Kiss three times in the 70's...original line-up...make up on. Peter Criss was adequate...but nothing special. Having never seen Carr or Singer in person, I can only comment on what I've seen on video. IMO, Carr was only marginally better that Peter Criss, and that is ONLY because he had a rock background, as opposed to swing/big-band, as was Peter's. Eric Singer, on the other hand, smokes them both.

I can see why you would say that. The video footage I've seen of Carr sucks, but it was a whole different deal when I saw him at Cobo in '85. I was really surprised by his technical ability, especially on his solo.

I have to say that Peter Criscuola will be and will always remain one of the reasons I play drums. I was a fan of his before I was a fan of Neil. Though I have more resect and love for the Professor, the original catman was a drum god in my book.

Archived