Spooky speculation for Halloween

treeduck

What direction would the band have taken? Would Geddy have taken on the lyric writing mantle? Would Alex have become more of a leader or gone more into the background? Would they have hired two new members, maybe a drummer and keyboard player?

Impossible to say I hear you cry!!

Well I dare you...

I dare you speculate, to fantasize, to imagine, to indulge this question with a little thought...

Come on Rushies give me your imagination for a little while, what would have become of Rush without Mr Peart?

Alright.

I think if Neil never came into the band, RUSH would have put out one more record, maybe two and then Rush would have been history.

Rush even struggled with Neil through "Fly By Night" and especially through "Caress of Steel." RUSH was on their way out and even Mercury Records was thinking about dropping them from the label due to lack of sales.

Then thanks to Neil and the birth of 2112 that record basically saved their hides and shot them into superstardom.

Without Neil, there never would have been a 2112 album.

2.gif + NEIL = trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 25 2006, 04:15 PM)
Alright.

I think if Neil never came into the band, RUSH would have put out one more record, maybe two and then Rush would have been history.
Rush even struggled with Neil through "Fly By Night" and especially through "Caress of Steel." RUSH was on their way out and even Mercury Records was thinking about dropping them from the label due to lack of sales.

Then thanks to Neil and the birth of 2112 that record basically saved their hides and shot them into superstardom.

Without Neil, there never would have been a 2112 album.

2.gif + NEIL = trink39.gif

Holy Timpani, Batman, you may just be onto something there...

biggrin.gif

Archived