Latest Rush update

treeduck

The State of Rush

Posted at 10:38 PM | link | comments (0)

Well, another Labor Day has come and gone and summer has unofficially come to a close. More importantly to us Rush fans, it's September - which is when Neil Peart said in his most recent website update would be when the band would reconvene to continue work on the next Rush studio album. We've recently learned that Nick Raskulinecz has been confirmed to produce this album (we're still waiting for the "official" word though). Also rumored to have been hired as sound engineer is Rich Chycki. Back in May the band had gotten together and, as Neil said, "had eight songs that we all liked, and I had worked out drum parts for six of them". So that's where things stand as of now with regards to the new album.

http://www.rushisaband.com/

Well, I can't emphasize how much I hope Rush does not try and go in the "direction" of so many of these new bands. Getting a guy who produced The Foo Fighters does not seem like a step in a "progressive" (not necessarily as in the style of music called "progressive") direction in terms of sounding like Rush and going beyond what they have done or can do. In other words, I don't want Rush to change and sound like so many other bands out there!

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Sep 11 2006, 01:30 AM)
Well, I can't emphasize how much I hope Rush does not try and go in the "direction" of so many of these new bands. Getting a guy who produced The Foo Fighters does not seem like a step in a "progressive" (not necessarily as in the style of music called "progressive") direction in terms of sounding like Rush and going beyond what they have done or can do. In other words, I don't want Rush to change and sound like so many other bands out there!

I know what you mean mate, but the good thing in all this is that by the time they get in the studio with those guys in November they'll have all the songs written and arranged and in demo form, after the two pre-production sessions in May and this month. So hopefully they're only gonna use the Foo Foo guy to polish up the sound and mix it properly (this time)...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 11 2006, 05:41 PM)

I know what you mean mate, but the good thing in all this is that by the time they get in the studio with those guys in November they'll have all the songs written and arranged and in demo form, after the two pre-production sessions in May and this month. So hopefully they're only gonna use the Foo Foo guy to polish up the sound and mix it properly (this time)...

I am hoping that this will be a good move but I also understand your concerns Earthshine and I feel the same as you but I don't think we need worry Alex will see to it. 2.gif

QUOTE (different strings @ Sep 11 2006, 03:48 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 11 2006, 05:41 PM)

I am hoping that this will be a good move but I also understand your concerns Earthshine and I feel the same as you but I don't think we need worry Alex will see to it. 2.gif

AlexFinal.gif Alex WILL see to it yes.gif

Archived