REPLAY by Ken Grimwood

rushgoober

Has anyone else read this???

It's technically science-fiction, but takes place in the 20th century with a man who keeps living part of his life over and over again (Groundhog Day-ish, but it came before that), trying to keep some things, change other things, all the while remembering every previous "life" he had and looking for others experiencing the same phenomena.

This is one of those books you can't see lying around and casually pick up after you've read it or you'll find yourself sitting there 2 hours later still reading. They were gonna make a movie of this a few years ago starring Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt, but unfortunately it fell through. In the right hands, this STILL could be an incredible movie.

Wow, another fan of this book! Good pick, man. It's an amazing and very thoughtprovoking concept that even if you had a chance to do your life over you might not get it right.

I don't know about making it a movie though. You're right that it would have to be in the right hands and I'm not sure who that would be as science fiction books generally don't translate very well to movies. It would be really interesting for Stephen Spielberg to make this film considering that it would invovle him directing a subplot about himself before he was famous. But I really dont' know if it would work that well consider the span of time that the book repeatedly covers.

Anyway it's great to see this book get at least a little appreciation because it's a classic that even my wife who hates science fiction loved and recommends to all her friends.