Help Detroit Gig date 1975 pleeeaaase!

piledriver

I hope I don't make this post too long but here goes:

I saw the band only once. It was at the Michigan Palace in Detroit MI, and I know for fact it was in 1975 (Fly By Night tour). Rush headlined for Status Quo. At first I thought it was on April 13th but I think Quo were in Grand Rapids MI on that evening.

Many websites state that Rush were support for Kiss that evening, but other websites state that Kiss were in Missouri that evening. unsure.gif

The Michigan Palace only seats about 4200 and I know it's a longshot, but I have to ask anyways, anybody on the board see that concert with Quo? Or can someone please shed some light on this?

thanks

Here's the FBN tour dates from the Power Windows site. Note they also played Detroit on March 19 as well:

Fly By Night Tour

February 14 - June 29, 1975

Album released: February 15, 1975

Opened for: Sky King, KISS, The Kidds, The Tubes, Aerosmith

Setlists

February 14, 1975 Toronto, Ontario

February 15, 1975 Owen Sound, Ontario

February 16, 1975 Barrie, Ontario

February 17, 1975 London, Ontario

February 18, 1975 Kingston, Ontario

February 20, 1975 Convention Center. Indianapolis, Indiana

March 5, 1975 Electric Ballroom. Atlanta, Georgia

March 6, 1975 Electric Ballroom. Atlanta, Georgia

March 7, 1975 Electric Ballroom. Atlanta, Georgia

March 8, 1975 Electric Ballroom. Atlanta, Georgia

March 10, 1975 Roxy Theater. North Hampton, Pennsylvania

March 11, 1975 Stone Balloon. Newark, Delaware

March 19, 1975 Detroit, Michigan (KISS)

March 27, 1975 Kenosha Ice Arena. Kenosha, Wisconsin (Thin Lizzy, KISS)

March 28, 1975 Sports Arena. Toledo, Ohio (KISS)

March 29, 1975 Allen Theater. Cleveland, Ohio (KISS)

April 4, 1975 Nordic Arena. Flint, Michigan (KISS)

April 6, 1975 G.W. Lisner Auditorium. Washington DC (KISS, Heavy Metal Kids)

April 7, 1975 Agora Ballroom. Cleveland, Ohio (Sky King)

April 8, 1975 Akron Civic Theater. Cleveland, Ohio (KISS, The Kidds)

April 9, 1975 County Fieldhouse. Erie, Pennsylvania (KISS, Vitale's Madmen)

April 12, 1975 Union Auditorium, Illinois State University. Normal, Illinois (KISS)

April 13, 1975 Michigan Palace. Detroit, Michigan (KISS)

[also reported as Forest Park. St. Louis, Missouri]

April 15, 1975 Stanley Theatre. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (KISS, Heavy Metal Kids)

April 17, 1975 Burlington Auditorium. Burlington, Iowa (KISS)

April 19, 1975 Fremd High School. Palatine, Illinois (KISS)

April 21, 1975 Veterans Memorial Auditorium (KISS)

April 22, 1975 Convention Center. Indianapolis, Indiana (KISS)

April 24, 1975 Freedom Hall Civic Center. Johnson City, Tennessee (KISS, The Kidds)

[also reported as Science Hill High School. Louisville, Kentucky]

April 25, 1975 Charlotte Park Center. Charlotte, North Carolina (KISS)

April 26, 1975 Cumberland County Memorial Arena. Fayetteville, North Carolina (KISS)

April 27, 1975 Richmond, Virginia (KISS, Brian Auger & Oblivion Express, M-S Funk)

April 29, 1975 Metro Theatre, Lansing, Michigan (KISS)

May 3, 1975 Chanel High School. Bedford, Ohio (opener Sweatleaf)

May 6, 1975 Riverside Theater. Milwaukee, Wisconsin (KISS)

May 8, 1975 Louis University. Lockport, Illinois (KISS)

May 9, 1975 Ohio Northern University. Ada, Ohio (KISS, James Gang)

May 10, 1975 State Farm Arena. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (Aerosmith)

May 11, 1975 Orpheum Theatre, Boston, Massachussetts (KISS, Journey, Ronson/Hunter)

May 15, 1975 Agora Ballroom. Cleveland, Ohio (KISS)

May 16, 1975 Capitol Theatre, Portchester, New York (Blue Oyster Cult)

May 17, 1975 War Memorial Arena, Johnston, Pennsylvania (KISS)

May 22, 1975 Capitol Theater. Yakima, Washington (KISS)

May 23, 1975 Armory. Medford, Oregon (KISS)

May 24, 1975 Paramount. Portland, Oregon (KISS)

May 25, 1975 Paramount Northwest. Seattle, Washington (KISS)

May 26, 1975 Paramount. Portland, Oregon (KISS)

May 27, 1975 Gonzaga University. Spokane, Washington (KISS)

May 29, 1975 Sahara Hotel. Las Vegas, Nevada (KISS)

May 30, 1975 Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento (KISS)

May 31, 1975 Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, California (KISS, James Gang)

June 1, 1975 The Winterland. San Francisco, California (KISS, The Tubes)

June 2, 1975 The Winterland. San Francisco, California (KISS, The Tubes)

June 6, 1975 Warner Theater. Fresno, California (KISS)

June 7, 1975 Civic Theater. San Diego, California (KISS)

June 13, 1975 Cleary Auditorium. Windsor, Ontario

June 18, 1975 Trianon Ballroom. Regina, Saskachewan

June 19, 1975 Convention Centre. Winnipeg, Manitoba

June 20, 1975 The Arena. Thunder Bay, Ontario

June 21, 1975 Memorial Gardens. Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario (Joe Mendelson and Trione)

June 22, 1975 The Arena. Dundas, Ontario

June 23, 1975 The Arena. Lakefield, Ontario

June 25, 1975 Massey Hall. Toronto, Ontario

June 26, 1975 Waterloo Lutheran Univ. Theatre. Kitchener, Ontario

June 27, 1975 Centennial Hall. London, Ontario (Symphonic Slam)

June 28, 1975 Kee To Bala. Bala, Ontario

June 29, 1975 Summer Gardens. Port Dover, Ontario

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/Tourdates.htm#fbn

Edited by Snowdog

Thanks for that Snowdog. That is just one of many references that I came up with also. Normally something like this wouldn't bother me too much wacko.gif but I really need to find out, a ticket stub or something would do the trick. There are just too many discrepencies.

I know that Rush were headliners for that concert with Status Quo during the FBN tour, and I know it was at the Michigan Palace because my hometown is Windsor and I know the Detroit area very good. Could it be that this gig is not documented anywhere? I know it is not documented on any Status Quo site and there are quite a few websites.

Maybe that Quo gig in Grand Rapids I mentioned above is off by 1 day, (but it is documented for April 13 '75). If so then I would venture to guess that Rush were last minute headliner replacements for Kiss, who were booked in Missouri that evening.

I just can't let this one die. fing.gif

QUOTE (piledriver @ Apr 11 2006, 05:47 PM)
Thanks for that Snowdog. That is just one of many references that I came up with also. Normally something like this wouldn't bother me too much wacko.gif but I really need to find out, a ticket stub or something would do the trick. There are just too many discrepencies.

I know that Rush were headliners for that concert with Status Quo during the FBN tour, and I know it was at the Michigan Palace because my hometown is Windsor and I know the Detroit area very good. Could it be that this gig is not documented anywhere? I know it is not documented on any Status Quo site and there are quite a few websites.

Maybe that Quo gig in Grand Rapids I mentioned above is off by 1 day, (but it is documented for April 13 '75). If so then I would venture to guess that Rush were last minute headliner replacements for Kiss, who were booked in Missouri that evening.

I just can't let this one die. fing.gif

Yeah, I hate it when you get something stuck in your head and you can't let it go until you find the answer. I probably can't find out any more info than you already have, but I'll ask around.

Welcome to TRF, btw trink39.gif

The tour dates on some of those RUSH archive sites are not completely accurate for instance Moving Pictures tour they added a secound show at Richfield coliseum which was the one I attended and have ticket stub as proof with RUSH 2 on the corner next to seat sec and row,But this concert not listed on any of those sites!

QUOTE (piledriver @ Apr 11 2006, 03:39 PM)

I saw the band only once. It was at the Michigan Palace in Detroit MI, and I know for fact it was in 1975 (Fly By Night tour). Rush headlined for Status Quo. At first I thought it was on April 13th but I think Quo were in Grand Rapids MI on that evening.

Many websites state that Rush were support for Kiss that evening, but other websites state that Kiss were in Missouri that evening. unsure.gif

The Michigan Palace only seats about 4200 and I know it's a longshot, but I have to ask anyways, anybody on the board see that concert with Quo? Or can someone please shed some light on this?

thanks

A guy here at work was at a show with Rush & Kiss and Savoy Brown, but it was In Wyandotte at the Yack Arena.

Kiss played The Michigan Palace on 4/12 -4/13 1974 according to kissonline.com, but that would have been too early for fly by night. I'm sure they were playing fly by night tunes by then 'cause neil was in the band. hmmm

Kiss played the northland arena in 4/4/75 though. Could it have been then?

I see Aerosmith played the Michigan Palace on 4/12/74. Could it be that Rush played as a warmup for aerosmith and kiss? I know rush did a lot of shows with kiss back then..

QUOTE (the_masked_drummer @ Apr 12 2006, 01:02 PM)
QUOTE (piledriver @ Apr 11 2006, 03:39 PM)

thanks

A guy here at work was at a show with Rush & Kiss and Savoy Brown, but it was In Wyandotte at the Yack Arena.

Kiss played The Michigan Palace on 4/12 -4/13 1974 according to kissonline.com, but that would have been too early for fly by night. I'm sure they were playing fly by night tunes by then 'cause neil was in the band. hmmm

Kiss played the northland arena in 4/4/75 though. Could it have been then?

I see Aerosmith played the Michigan Palace on 4/12/74. Could it be that Rush played as a warmup for aerosmith and kiss? I know rush did a lot of shows with kiss back then..

I'm full of it. I can't confirm whether Rush was with them at the yack arena. I guess there was another band, but the dude was on microdot so he doesn't remember... wink.gif