Exciting Genesis news!

Jack Aubrey

Somehow I missed this thread the first time around. I would love to see a Genesis tour with both Gabriel and Collins. I think that would be interesting and if they do an album of new material i would prefer Gabriel to sing, but of course live, you would have to have both men sing the songs that were famous to them.

As far as many reunions go. I also don't like a reunion tour without new music. The exception was KISS who did their reunion tour and while promoting Psycho Circus only included the title track in the tour. I've seen a few of the 80's metal band reunions with no new material and thought they were horrible. Not only no new material, but the bands had no fire or desire to impress. They were like caricatures of themselves just playing the old songs and the old songs all had a karaoke feel to them. I totally hated these type shows. I call it "going vegas". When a band goes vegas it's time to stick the fork in them.

Now... i don't see that happening to a band with the musical ability of the songwriting ability of Genesis. So if this winds up happening, i will be buying the CD and tickets to the show. Hopefully Goobs correct (in my opinion) assumption that bands of this era don't always deliver, will be wrong in the case of Genesis.

Archived