Isolated tracks

LeChuck

A bunch of isolated tracks used to be available for listening on YouTube, but they seemed to have disappeared (e.g. the one I'm after is the isolated synth track from Subdivisions). Does anyone know if those are still available anywhere online? I guess I should have saved a copy when it was there .. sigh

PS - I don't know the legality of this stuff, hopefully it's not frowned upon to talk about these. I see a few threads in the past where people were sharing these or posting links to them. I just enjoy hearing more clearly what the individual instruments sound like. I've actually got the Jammit isolated track for Subdivisions synth, but there was one on YouTube that sounded different (I suspect Subdivisions uses multiple tracks of synths layered up, so maybe that's why - in the missing one you could hear the 'choir' effect really prominent).

Chuck, do you have the Rush hard drive? There are a bunch of isolated tracks on there. That's how I fell in love with Xanadu :wub: - listening to Alex's isolated track from it.

I don't even know what that is. Do tell!

I love dissecting songs, so listening to the isolated tracks is a treasure trove

• Like 1

Chuck, do you have the Rush hard drive? There are a bunch of isolated tracks on there. That's how I fell in love with Xanadu :wub: - listening to Alex's isolated track from it.

I love dissecting songs, so listening to the isolated tracks is a treasure trove

Here you go: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/60890-ext-hd-vine-is-here-complete-rush-audio/page__st__2380#entry4709026

Just put your name on the list. I think you have to buy a 4TB Hard Drive if you want to copy everything on the existing one. It used to be a 3TB, but people kept adding more boots to the drive.

Here you go: http://www.therushfo...80#entry4709026

Just put your name on the list. I think you have to buy a 4TB Hard Drive if you want to copy everything on the existing one. It used to be a 3TB, but people kept adding more boots to the drive.

Got it, I'm on the list now. This is like waiting for Santa Claus! Do you happen to know what isolated tracks are on it? I'm guessing the drive is primarily live bootlegs

Here you go: http://www.therushfo...80#entry4709026

Got it, I'm on the list now. This is like waiting for Santa Claus! Do you happen to know what isolated tracks are on it? I'm guessing the drive is primarily live bootlegs

There's a whole bunch of them. What are you looking for?

At this moment I'm looking for an isolated Subdivisions synth track that used to be on YouTube. I've got the isolated track that I bought from Jammit (when it was still around), but this one from YouTube sounded different. I'm guessing there are several layers of synths on that song.

That being said, I like listening to any Rush isolated tracks .. so having a huge collection saved would be cool (so I don't have to worry about them disappearing in the future).

Edited by LeChuck

At this moment I'm looking for an isolated Subdivisions synth track that used to be on YouTube. I've got the isolated track that I bought from Jammit (when it was still around), but this one from YouTube sounded different. I'm guessing there are several layers of synths on that song.

That being said, I like listening to any Rush isolated tracks .. so having a huge collection saved would be cool (so I don't have to worry about them disappearing in the future).

I'm sure it's on the hard drive. If it was on youtube, it is on the hard drive.

I'm sure it's on the hard drive. If it was on youtube, it is on the hard drive.

Wow, I can't believe it took this long for me to finally get the drive (since it went AWOL with someone right after I signed up on the list). But finally it's all copied over!

Lorraine - Do you happen to know where all the isolated tracks are on here? I haven't found them yet, but there are a million folders (and I'm not really sure how people would categorize them). It would be kind of comic/tragic if they are no longer on the drive after waiting all this time ;)

I am actually looking for the same thing. WTH happened to the isolated synth track on Youtbue? If anyone has an MP3 of the isolated synth track to Subdvisions, please let me know. Thanks!

I found one version of the synth track, which appears to be the same one from Jammit (this link actually has all the Rush Jammit tracks):

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/xc0sxq2y8ks8x/Rush

But the Subdivisions isolated synth track I was after is different from this one. The synth mix was different, and the choir / phaser effect was a lot more prominent. I always figured they layered multiple tracks of synths for Subdivisions, so perhaps this was another one. I'd love to track it down, it's driving me crazy!