Question about drum settings

Shranexis0

Okay, I'm curious to ask about Neil's synth drums. From what I understand, all of his d-drums (???) have a collective setting, and it changes from song to song, like from The Big Money with the super-long snare sound to Scars. Can someone explain it to me and how to change it from song to song?

Hi Shranexis0, do you have a set of ddrums?

His drum tech makes all the preset changes during the show, I would imagine. It's just a simple press of a button or turn of a dial to pull up the proper setting for each tune.

Or the more likely scenario, the entire show starts with one click of the mouse, intro, lighting, all sound, ect...

At the "SS Professor" tour clinic stop in San Jose Lorne said that he was responsible for Neil's patch changes during the show.

There is a V-Drum brain (ddrums are long since gone) and samplers loaded with samples to be triggered.

I would imagine that each song has it's own bank and/or "performance" (standard midi term for a group pf sound patches stored in a particular sound module for performance use) that is setup to be changed quickly.