Just got Firefox

pixey

I agree that Active X is a bad thing but there are times with a Gateway and Microsoft that I need it. When I need to run tests on my computer I need to connect with Gateway and Microsoft via an Active X Control. This is the reason I need it. Plain and Simple. So I have to have it. Now if you all would like to start a thread on how bad an Active X control is then by all means do it. This thread is about FireFox, how do I use it and the trouble I am having.

Now FireFox is not the best browser and it does have flaws as I am finding out directly from Mozilla! Peruse their forums, go to their knowledge base, view the FAQs and you will see what I mean. And lets not even get started with the whole Alt attribute and title attributes subject nor the whole Flash and Java difficulties!

Thank you very much and have a nice day. cool.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ Oct 4 2005, 01:20 PM)
I agree that Active X is a bad thing but there are times with a Gateway and Microsoft that I need it. When I need to run tests on my computer I need to connect with Gateway and Microsoft via an Active X Control. This is the reason I need it. Plain and Simple. So I have to have it. Now if you all would like to start a thread on how bad an Active X control is then by all means do it. This thread is about FireFox, how do I use it and the trouble I am having.

Now FireFox is not the best browser and it does have flaws as I am finding out directly from Mozilla! Peruse their forums, go to their knowledge base, view the FAQs and you will see what I mean. And lets not even get started with the whole Alt attribute and title attributes subject nor the whole Flash and Java difficulties!

Thank you very much and have a nice day. cool.gif

I guess I've just been very lucky. I've never had any problems with Firefox. I've been using it since 0.9 was released. Occasionally I will encounter a site that mandates that I use IE and that really ticks me off mad.gif

Give it a week or so, Pixey, and if you don't feel FF is worth using, you can always go back to IE or maybe try Opera.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 4 2005, 03:13 AM)
Beer...

GOOD!!!!!!

ActiveX.....

BAD!!!!!!!!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a321/hemispheres2005/236__brett-nb-SE_largethumb.jpg

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Uh... hey people. I just started using Firefox (Noob/10), and I'm having some trouble. I don't really need flash (in fact sometimes not having it comes in handy), and I barely ever get ads, no matter what browser I'm using.

BUT!

Whenever I post on TRF, it goes to the next page (TRF/index), and it says "done". So I click refresh and it goes to the page where your "post data" is saved and shit... but my post goes through.

So every time I post I've been just going back to the TRF main page O_o

So, uh, can anyone help the new kid?

EDITED to say weird... it's not happening anymore. fing.gif

Archived